Motor Mover on too tight ?

AndreatheAdria

Hi all,

I bought a used PurpleLine motor mover at the beginning of the year and fitted it myself and i put the distance between the tyre and the roller at 20mm as the guide said however i have a couple of issues/questions.

1. No matter how far i wind it onto the tyre i can't see (on either side) any kind of markings to denote if it's on the tyre enough i.e on a lot of guides and videos there's normally a red/green label.

2. The caravan starts to move and then a lot of the time stops and i have to press the button again a few times for it to start back up. The unit doesn't seem as though it's gone off and I've tried new batteries in the remote.

I'm not sure if point 2 is happening because i've wound the roller on the tyre too much but any advice on either point would be great.

Thanks

Ian

I have two Purpleline movers. Mine are moved by a large lever that overcentres a cam. It is either on or off. That is the point of the setting distance of 20 mm.

Mine sometimes gets confused and has to be turned off and on again to reset. Once you get used to that it is fine. Mine have been working fine for seven years now.

Thanks and yes it seems to do it's job but looking at some motor mover videos it looks like the rollers are just about touching the tyre but mine are on enough to give an "indent" into the tyre but as it's a manual actuator i didn't know if it was that causing it to "struggle" and turn off if it's under too much load due to the pressure of the roller on the tyre ?

Hi

Just to throw you a slight curve ball ...are you sure your leisure battery isnt causing an issue?-maybe low/or ageing-like us all lol