Water pumping issues.

Hi

There's three questions here all to do with water.  I'm a new caravanner so I'm not always sure whether something is right or wrong. 

1) I've attached a sound file - "Water Pump Noise" - if you'd be good enough to listen to it.  This is the sound my pump makes when I turn on a tap - it's the clicking/clumping noises I'm wondering about.  Is my pump faulty or is this what they all sound like?  For context, the Truma heater is not on, although it had been on all afternoon so was full of hot water.  The water barrel is full of cold water.  The water flowing from the tap is absolutely fine in terms of flow, both hot and cold.  The noise is made when the tap is running hot or cold.

2) I've got one of those stop-cock things to put into my water barrel as I'm going on a serviced pitch in a couple of weeks time and I've been practicing with it.  I've been running it from our outside tap and I had thought the barrel had stopped filling due to the action of the stop-cock.  However, by the end of the afternoon the barrel was full and was overflowing in little "gulps" - so the stop-cock must not be fully stopping the flow of water.  Is this normal or have I bought a duff/cheapo stop-cock?

3) There's a second sound file attached as well, this time called "Truma Heater".  This is the noise my Truma heater is making (set to heat water to 60 degrees). Is this humming/crackling normal - it's running on EHU.

Water Pump Noise.mp3 Truma Heater.mp3

Edited by Paul90125
Typo

If the stop cock has a float then maybe you fitted it upside down so it doesn't close off the incoming main water to the Aquaroll.

Video here

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

The noise of the pump that I hear, the clicking , is the pressure switch cutting in and out, which suggests that it is set too low.

What should happen is the pump runs when the tap is open and with cold water when the tap is closed the pump should stop almost instantly.

With hot water after running the water the pump should run on for a couple of seconds to re-pressurise the hot system.