Sign in to follow this  
michael proctor

thetford toilet flush wont work

Posted (edited)

what can i do ive got a 2015 sprite major 4sb ive checked the fuse box the fuse is ok

Edited by michael proctor

Posted (edited)

there is a fuse behind the cassette on some models.

there are also videos on youtube,  jjust type in "thetford cassette toilet not flushing"

20190830_164510.jpg

Edited by rodgthedodge

Purple fuse shown is I think 3 Amps

43 minutes ago, WispMan said:

Purple fuse shown is I think 3 Amps

Yes it is.

geoff

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, michael proctor said:

what can i do ive got a 2015 sprite major 4sb ive checked the fuse box the fuse is ok

Which model of toilet have you got?

I thought the C260 was introduced  around 2013 and that model doesn’t have a fuse in the cassette locker.

Quite often it’s the submersible pump that’s become gummed up with flush fluid preventing the impeller to turn.

On the C260 you need to gentle remove the grey label covering the flush button, and keep it face up so nothing sticks to the underside. Undo the two screws holding the circuit board underneath. Then carefully withdraw the pump from inside the tank. With a small screwdriver give the impeller a gentle flick to get it to move.  Press the flush button to check it now moves and then reassemble. The grey label should stick back ok provided you didn’t get any muck stuck on it.

Edited by ericfield
  • Like 1

Got to agree with ericfield I have had this happen about 3 times usually after a period of storage . A telltale sign that the pump is stuck I have noticed is if you  press the flush button when the toilet light is on the light will dim slightly for a moment. 

Had the impeller seize on our previous caravan.

Got to it and freed it, lasted a couple of outings then seized again so replaced it.

Easy enough to do if it comes to it. 

I had a seized impeller and freed it with WD40 lasted for a couple of trips so decided to change it. Next time it seized I  used silicon spray instead and its never siezed again so I never changed it. 

The spray is just over £2 from screwfix, thetford sell their own. I spray the cassette seals with it as the cassette always dribbled when taking it to empty. No dribbles now best £2 I've spent.