Bailey Pageant 2006 Awning Light

mikelan

Hi All,

Hope someone can advise me !

The awning light isn't working on my "new" 2006 Pageant Moselle. I've taken off the cover and to my surprise it's a 230V light, whereas I was expecting a 12v one as there's an AWN switch in the front door which is a 12v control panel. odd..

Anyway, all the sockets in the van work fine on EHU along with the 2 interior lights at the lounge area as expected, but the awning light doesn't.

I've removed it completely from the van and verified it works fine in the house off 230V, but there's no 230V at the two wires connected to it above the front door.

Is there a fuse somewhere for this ? It's an LED array and very bright and it'd be great to sort it out.

Many thanks,

Mike

That sounds like a previous owner's "improvement". Our 2005 Pageant awning light is certainly a 12v version. Have you checked whether you have 12v DC at the wires you mention? Hopefully someone hasn't tried to wire them into the mains as that could easily be lethal.

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2

Any strange mains light switch been added somewhere for this light?

Regards, David
Peugeot 308 GT Premium, 1.5 diesel 2021

Yeah, I thought it odd as well. It certainly looks original and 12v DC is not present either with the switch

Maybe there's a hidden switch hiding somewhere, but at least you've confirmed that it's not typical.

Thanks

Mike

I suspect the 12V awning light bulb blew and the previous owner put a 240V light in by mistake! Check with a multimeter as our Pageant works off the control panel.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Thanks to all so far on this, especially Dave who forwarded some diagrams. Some pics of the light I took off and the van in question.

Interesting that the light regulates the mains to DC 65v. Might be handy in the future as an inside light for a shed at least. 

IMG_20190830_40726.jpg

IMG_20190830_54362.jpg

IMG_20190830_493.jpg

IMG_20190830_24123.jpg

IMG_20190830_28939.jpg

Well I removed the 12v relay pcb from the PDU and checked all the relays individually. One seemed to be a bit sticky when I put 12v on the coil as it buzzed instead of clicked like the rest. I gave it a few taps with the back of a screwdriver and freed it off. Put it all back together and now have 12v across the two wires on the awning light connector which is great. Must find a suitable 12v light fixture now or maybe reuse the existing one with a 12v bulb.

It looks like Wispman was spot on and the last owner didn't replace like with like previously. 

Thanks to everyone, great forum and friendly helpful people.