Kampa club air pro

mjohns4

Second time away with new kampa club air pro, noticed  on the bottom of the air tubes at the front of the awning what looked like rips in the outer cover of the tubes, when examining all three tubes it looked like they may be manufactured this way, any thoughts gratefully received 

20190826_104922.jpg

Not seen anything like that on mine.

Would have thought that would be dangerous exposing the inner tube as there are warnings on mine abot keeping zip closed.

Regards, David
Peugeot 308 GT Premium, 1.5 diesel 2021

On 29/08/2019 at 16:47, mjohns4 said:

Second time away with new kampa club air pro, noticed  on the bottom of the air tubes at the front of the awning what looked like rips in the outer cover of the tubes, when examining all three tubes it looked like they may be manufactured this way, any thoughts gratefully received 

20190826_104922.jpg

I have been to the dealer's today and checked the other Kampa air awnings on display, they all have the same design, dealer contacted kampa sales manager who confirmed same design on all new awnings and nothing to be concerned about, at least I now have this in writing 

hi

I would not recommend kampa awnings as I purchased a brand new one.at over £1000 

in 2017 and within 5weeks of use. the black part of the awning turned gray. the sun had bleached the cloth .

was not covered by warranty  kampa did not wont now and said I must have been abroad witch I had not. luckily 

the shop I purchased it from took it back and I purchased a new all weather awning witch has not faded yet 

yet there awing are still sold as uv protection 

a dread to think what it would look like after 12 months

40 minutes ago, roy birch said:

hi

I would not recommend kampa awnings as I purchased a brand new one.at over £1000 

in 2017 and within 5weeks of use. the black part of the awning turned gray. the sun had bleached the cloth .

was not covered by warranty  kampa did not wont now and said I must have been abroad witch I had not. luckily 

the shop I purchased it from took it back and I purchased a new all weather awning witch has not faded yet 

yet there awing are still sold as uv protection 

a dread to think what it would look like after 12 months

We have an early Kampa Rally Ace 400 which has not faded in 4 years of all weather use, with the exception of it holding water on the roof despite having monsoon poles, we have been very happy with. It.

Mine has faded after 4 years of use including 5 months in Spain but when the Kampa rep saw it at the Scottish National he said it needed reproofed and turned up later with 2 large cans of spray proofer foc.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.

That looks like it should have been stitched round to give it some strength & stop it fraying , poor manufacturing technique.

We bought a Quest Gazebo this spring off the well known TV shopping channel , when we erected it we were initially very pleased with our purchase , just what we wanted , only problem was when we tried to put the poles in the front to strengthen the door , both top receivers had been stitched in upside down so no way would they work . We asked for a replacement & they were very efficient at collecting the errant device but all we got was our money back , no bad thing I’ll admit but we did want the Gazebo .

I suppose if you get stuff made in the Far East for peanuts then Quality control goes out the window & luck comes in to play.

Subaru Outback 2. 0 DSE 2015, Coachman Pastiche 460/2, Lunar Ultima Extra 540,

, Pwrtouch mover, Quest Rolli awning.

5 hours ago, stevew1 said:

That looks like it should have been stitched round to give it some strength & stop it fraying , poor manufacturing technique.

We bought a Quest Gazebo this spring off the well known TV shopping channel , when we erected it we were initially very pleased with our purchase , just what we wanted , only problem was when we tried to put the poles in the front to strengthen the door , both top receivers had been stitched in upside down so no way would they work . We asked for a replacement & they were very efficient at collecting the errant device but all we got was our money back , no bad thing I’ll admit but we did want the Gazebo .

I suppose if you get stuff made in the Far East for peanuts then Quality control goes out the window & luck comes in to play.

Far East is right, we where told by our dealer that Kampa awnings are made in China, if they need to go back for warranty work 3 weeks minimum, agree about the finish but probably only cosmetic as the material is like a Webb so shouldn't rip,