Sign in to follow this  
Blackhart

Campsite on Bute or Near Wemyss?

Hello

We are attending a family funeral on Bute in a few days time and will take the caravan for our accommodation.  I can only find one caravan site in Bute (Roseland Caravan Park) and nothing at all for tourers near Wemyss. We have stayed at Red Deer Holiday Village, Stepps, Glasgow before, but I'd like to get closer if possible.

I'll try and book Roseland later this morning, but in the event that it's full, any suggestions please? I may have missed something in my extensive googling.

Thanks

BH

Have you Googled Caravan sites on Bute?

36 minutes ago, Blackhart said:

I may have missed something in my extensive googling.

Thanks

BH

Yup... :)

BH

Nearest mainland one I can see is https://www.parkdeanresorts.co.uk/location/scotland/sandylands/

There is a CS site at Loans near Troon, the ferry at Wemyss bay is  1 hour drive away.

https://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/campsites/uk/ayrshire/troon/glenburndairy/

Thanks, but I saw those, too far away. We will be traveling from the north. There is a dearth of touring sites west of Glasgow.

Fortunately I have managed to get us booked into Roseland on Bute.

BH

Update:

We booked into Roseland on Bute for three nights.

Good site, water on each pitch in the Lodge Park section. The only 'niggle' was that the black waste dump was difficult to use.

We crossed onto the island from Weymss Bay and off from the north at Rhubodach. No problems with either.

KH

P1030444 100.jpg