Panthere info needed please!

Nichola D

Hi! 

Desperately need information on our caravan please. All I know is it is an avondale panthere. Apparently it was made for export but never made it. I'd like to find an awning for it and other info. I think it's 1994. Has a fixed bed but not central, it's in a corner and u 'U' shaped lounge, small kitchen area with the toilet/shower opposite. From memory, it's 8 foot wide and 21 feet long (internally I think). We have no paperwork and I've tried researching online. The pic below looks exact to ours but we were told it is 1994. Many Thanks.

Screenshot_20190822-083546_Facebook.jpg

For the awning, simply run a length of string through the awning rail and mark where it touches the ground at each end of the caravan.  The length of the string between the marks is the required awning size for full awnings.

Any porch awning will fit as long as you have a long enough straight and level section of awning rail at roof level.  A 390 cm awning with 400 cm of straight, level roof level awning rail for example.  Porches come in a variety of lengths and will generally fit caravans 2.35 to 2.5 metre high.

Avondale 1994 Caravan Brochure. Not much help as none of the uk models were anything like 1800 Kg.

Gordon may be able help based on a conversation he had some years back about Avondale Panthere...

19 hours ago, Nichola D said:

I think it's 1994. Has a fixed bed but not central, it's in a corner and u 'U' shaped lounge, small kitchen area with the toilet/shower opposite. From memory, it's 8 foot wide and 21 feet long (internally I think). We have no paperwork and I've tried researching online. 

Hi Nichola,

From your description it sounds like you have a 5900 SL Pantère that was produced in 1994 for the export market, and also was the only model with a double fixed bed in the rear corner.

image.pngimage.png

image.png

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he'll tell you. If he doesn't, why humiliate him?