Sign in to follow this  
den123

4g. Antenna

Is there good and bad to a 4g antennae.  For caravan  not sure what to look for any help guys thanks den 

3 hours ago, den123 said:

Is there good and bad to a 4g antennae.  For caravan  not sure what to look for any help guys thanks den 

It would help if we knew what you are trying to do or what you may want such a device for and/or where you want to use it?

After extensive searching the panorama 4g aerial is the best of the cheaper aerials. Panorama are amongst the better aerial suppliers out there wether it wifi or broadcasting.

My phone has one built in. 

It works.

Andy

4G causes some stretching of aerial specs.

Remember 4G does not (generally) carry speech so the phone will revert to 3G or 2G for speech and text calls.

Ergo you aerial will need to cover all bands as you have no knowledge or control over which frequency is being used unless you are a 3 user as it only has the 3G band available for speech..

The frequency bands thus required are (in MHz)

800 is 4G for everyone

900 is 2G for O2 and VF

1800 is 2G for EE, but also carries some of their 4G: VF and O2 also have 2G allocations for small cells.

2100 is 3G for everyone

2600 is 4G for EE and VF at present

When the TV clearance is completed by 2022, 5G will run on 700 but initially on 3500.

Edited by Woodentop
  • Thanks 1

The panorama 4g antennae covers all of the frequencies hence the best buy. I must admit to not previously knowing that each provider had different ranges but after watching a techie do it on you tube i now know...ish

I’ve got this one that I will use externally

Poynting 4G-XPOL-A0001 Cross Polarised 4G Omni LTE Antenna https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00C1DGFPS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_rRS9DbTDZFJ6M

it was recommended to work with my 3 mobile router

• +1 1

5 hours ago, Scaramanga said:

I’ve got this one that I will use externally

Poynting 4G-XPOL-A0001 Cross Polarised 4G Omni LTE Antenna https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00C1DGFPS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_rRS9DbTDZFJ6M

it was recommended to work with my 3 mobile router

I have the same one and have adapted a GoPro suction clamp to attach it to the side of my van. The clamp is fantastic and proven to stay in place with a camera at 120mph plus so no issues on a sited caravan 👍

4 hours ago, madasmad said:

I have the same one and have adapted a GoPro suction clamp to attach it to the side of my van. The clamp is fantastic and proven to stay in place with a camera at 120mph plus so no issues on a sited caravan 👍

Have you got a photo of your set up? As I’m looking for something to fit my antenna to aswell as my iboost

We have a Mifi unit and stick it up in the Skylight in poor reception areas and it seems to work for us.

19 hours ago, Scaramanga said:

Have you got a photo of your set up? As I’m looking for something to fit my antenna to aswell as my iboost

I am away in the caravan at the weekend and will take a photo