Sign in to follow this  
Halohodge

Royal Vale Knutsford

Thinking of visiting this site next month on my way to the Lake District, however having read the reviews on the website I am now having second thoughts, most of the reviews were from last year and were not too favourable, can any body give me an updated review and has the site improved. Lots of adverse comments were about dogs but we dont have a dog but they say their is dog mess on site which I would not be happy with, had it paddled into our van before.

Comments appreciated.

Ring them and ask whether they still have people on site who go off to work at silly o clock in the morning.

There appeared to be a number of fulltimers - some working. I used the site about 3 years ago. I shan't use it again. We were not disturbed by the full timers going to work but there was nothing to recommend the site to me. At the time I felt it was overpriced

We have used it a couple of times; no problems, clean and well cared for.  No problems with dogs or people leaving early 

2 hours ago, PhilC said:

no problems, clean and well cared for.  No problems with dogs or people leaving early 

I agree but did not like the site. It does not warrant £30 a night for two adults in September IMO

I can recommend a decent CL not very far away if you PM me.

Thanks for comment,going to Chester Fairoaks instead.

Cheshire Oaks I think you mean?  Its a Caravan & Motorhome site.  Used to pass the Royal Vale site quite often, as I live near Manchester and used to drive down there (A50), after visiting the farmshop near to Nantwich.  There's another site close to the motorway (M6) if you come off after crossing Thelwell bridge (if heading north).  Head towards Irlam/Manchester on the A57, and after approximately 3 miles give or take, you turn right at some lights to head towards Warburton Bridge (crosses over the Manchester Ship Canal).  As you turn right, the site is on the corner, Holly Bank Caravan site.  Not heard any favourable reports, but this was some years ago.

Just had a look on UK Campsite website.  Doesn't seem to have changed, still bad reviews

Edited by Babstreefern

Chester Fairoaks is its proper name.

Cheshire Oaks is the name of the shopping centre close by.

Gotcha:lol: