Griff

New to Alde heating, what is what.

Can someone explain to me the function of the red unit in the centre  of this photo please?

Thanks.

Heating.thumb.jpg.59bfcd8da8d5c6c5ac91473e47ba375e.jpg

Put in by GCHQ (or Microsoft) to listen to everything you say in the caravan?

• Haha 1

Its an Alde Continuous hot water flow boiler I think

That’s an expensive bit of kit. We visited the Alde Factory last year and they were launching this then. Basically, as long as you have a continuous supply of cold water, you can have a continuous supply of hot water.

Not sure I would want to loose so much storage space, that is already at a premium. 🤔

17 minutes ago, kiaboy said:

Not sure I would want to loose so much storage space, that is already at a premium. 🤔

To store what? all my cupboard on my Vigo is empty I had no intention of amassing a lot of unnecessary junk (90kg ) like I used to do on my previous caravan.

• +1 1

I think you have a Bessacarr, that is a Alde flow which gives continuous hot water, we have it in our 525. We never had a problem with running out of hot water in our last van and I think the money could have been spent on much better extra's.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, oldboy said:

To store what? all my cupboard on my Vigo is empty I had no intention of amassing a lot of unnecessary junk (90kg ) like I used to do on my previous caravan.

You are lucky !!!!  but I am talking about the base unit storage where the Alde systems are located I never mentioned  cupboards ;) 

As we use our van for more than 4 weeks at a time in the year we certainly do not carry "un-necessary Junk" as you put it

Edited by kiaboy

Hello. We can confirm that is the Alde Flow continuous hot water module, as others have noted.

On 24/08/2019 at 20:38, kiaboy said:

You are lucky !!!!  but I am talking about the base unit storage where the Alde systems are located I never mentioned  cupboards ;) 

As we use our van for more than 4 weeks at a time in the year we certainly do not carry "un-necessary Junk" as you put it

Well I did amass a lot during the 5 years I owned my last caravan everything is still in the bag in the garage.