Samkela

Alde compact 3020 showing temp at 70 degrees

Hi my alde 3020 display panel is showing the temperature as 70 degrees, meaning the heating won't work.  Whilst I don't need it at the moment I will later on  in the year.  Water is heating fine.  I've tried reset numerous times and turned it off completely.   Can't find any info  in the manual, emailed alde but they've not replied.  Anyone had this problem and know of a fix.  Van is 4 months out of warrantee and I have this and oven temp problem appear 😭  Any help greatly appreciated,

When was the caravan purchased?  It is possible that the ALDE may have its own warranty which is longer than the caravan warranty.  Try removing the unit unplugging all connections, leave to stand for a minute and then plug all connections back in again.  If still faulty the control panel may need replacing.  If so phone ALDE and speak to them over the phone as they are very helpful.

When I had a problem with Alde heating I phoned and they were helpful. 

• +1 1

Hi thanks for the reply 's. The vans a 2016.  I'll see f we can get the control panel off & give that a try.  I did email Alde but no reply yet so I'll also try giving them a call.  Feel like everything is starting to go wrong with the van now 😢

Hello. On a 2016 caravan, that anomaly could be caused by the anti-static spring being bent and touching the thermistor.

Prise the metallic grey plastic fascia off of the Alde control panel, using a trim tool if available, or stiff, flat knife will do. (Be careful not to damage either the fascia or surround.)

Look at the control panel underneath.

Focus on the area below the lower left edge of the touchscreen.

See the wire hairpin jutting out with a bead on it. Is there what looks like a Biro spring jutting out close to it, that is bent over and touching the hairpin?*

If so, use a pen tip and nudge the Biro spring back into its natural, outward facing orientation, ensuring it can't touch the hairpin when you refit the fascia.

*The components aren't actually a hairpin, bead and Biro spring.

• Like 1