Sign in to follow this  
Benchillian

What a naff beach.

I  mean to say....it’s only over the road from Beadnell C&CC site, but there’s nowt there. No ice cream, flip-flop shops, donkeys, deck chairs, bars, chippies - nuffin. Not even litter.

And it goes on for two miles, so it’s a right slog along the perfect sand to Seahouses, and then you have to trudge all the way back, with nowt but the sound of waves and  birds for entertainment.

You only see a few people with (a) kids or (b) dogs, as there aren’t apparently any restrictions on either. To cap it all, there’s another even bigger beach just like it to the south, and one bigger than that to the north. 

I want my money back. 

• Haha 2

Awful place isn’t it?

We’re hoping to retire there, so we can be miserable in our old age. 

Disgraceful!

How awful for you!

Posted (edited)

North sea and winds from Norway.  Luvverly :ph34r:

This is a proper beach

Three Cliffs Bay

Edited by onewheelonmywagon

Posted (edited)

Or you could turn right (south) and walk up the miles of Beadnell Bay over the headland and to that horrible little pub The Ship at Newton By The Sea. Only trouble is they have their own micro brewery so you have to drink home brew....

It is a fair walk though

Edited by Happy Jack

I REALLY feel your pain but sadly I am not sure how to alleviate it!  You could try a bottle of wine or a few Gins whilst contemplating the bleak outlook, it MIGHT help.

Andy

8 hours ago, onewheelonmywagon said:

North sea and winds from Norway.  Luvverly :ph34r:

This is a proper beach

Three Cliffs Bay

One of, if not THE, best in the U.K. and there are campsites nearby (but the access roads are iffy, especially if you have an eight footer!.)

Andy

12 hours ago, Benchillian said:

I  mean to say....it’s only over the road from Beadnell C&CC site, but there’s nowt there. No ice cream, flip-flop shops, donkeys, deck chairs, bars, chippies - nuffin. Not even litter.

And it goes on for two miles, so it’s a right slog along the perfect sand to Seahouses, and then you have to trudge all the way back, with nowt but the sound of waves and  birds for entertainment.

You only see a few people with (a) kids or (b) dogs, as there aren’t apparently any restrictions on either. To cap it all, there’s another even bigger beach just like it to the south, and one bigger than that to the north. 

I want my money back. 

SSHHHHH! If too many people get to know abut it it may, heaven forbid, become popular. Then what will happen?  Ice cream, flip-flop shops, donkeys, deck chairs, bars, chippies and litter.

We stayed at Seahouses a few years ago had a fabulous time there. Such a lovely area, we will be back.