Unicorn series 3 high level brake light!

steve123

hi there the above i think worked first time we went out but no longer! have checked to see if separate fuse but no, so any ideas if easy to replace as i dont really facny removing and breaking and seal that is there.

Assuming your rear high level LED brake light is the same as I have fitted to my Bailey, it’s long and thin:-

To check if it is working, you could go inside the caravan, and at the same level as the light there will be some sort of furniture. I have a long shelf. On the shelf and at the back, adjacent to the wall is some quarter round plastic trunking. Carefully ease the inner insert out and you should see the wires to the light. The light has wire pigtails about ten inches long.  At their end are Lunar terminals. If you apply 12volts to them, observing correct polarity, you will see whether the light illuminates or not. If it is okay then your fault is elsewhere and further investigation is needed. However, if the light is u/s then Bailey sell replacements,  part number 1170088, at about £27. Looking at the replacement light you will see how it is fitted to the the rear of the caravan. So there will be no need to break any seals, just two screws to undo, and the replacement LED part can be inserted into the existing housing. I did add a bit of extra sealant between the light housing and the actual LED unit. 

Hope this helps.

hi there many thanks for the detailed reply will investigate whilst on holiday!

You are welcome.

Don’t forget to let the forum know how you get on; it might help others with a similar problem.

• 2 years later...

Well this helped me out, traced wires from high level brake light, diwn off side rear corner to a connector that had corroded.

Thanks for a great insight.