Sign in to follow this  
karypary

HELP! We recently bought a 5 yr old Compass cvan where the Thetford loo has no flush tank.

HELP!  We recently bought a 5 yr old Compass cvan where the Thetford loo has no flush tank.  We are on a seasonal pitch, plumbed into the mains water but the flush is so weak, it doesn't cover even half of the bowl - therefore I have to chuck a jug of water down each time.  The water press from the outside tap is great, the caravan  taps though are also a bit slow but that isn't a problem to us.  The loo is a big problem!  Any ideas please? Karen 😎

Have you tried the rinse and faucets with the pump switched on? The pump is pressure controlled so it should be ok. Lots of caravans have poor water pressure (noticeable especially with the shower) when the mains water is connected. I believe the pump which is static is restricting water flow.

On board water pumps invariably need to be ON to give adequate pressure in my limited (two caravans, different brands) experience.  The pumps restrict flow.

The flow from the site tap is more important than the static pressure.  With one caravan I had with out-board pump (drop into aquaroll) I found on a mains water hookup that initial flow was good then it slowed;  so I opened the site tap more to allow a better water flow to happen.

Are you using an Aquaroll for the fresh water or are you connected straight to the mains water supply?

Maybe they have an onboard tank that needs to be filled and the pump switch needs to be set to "On"?

As you say; you are connected to the mains supply, if this connection to the van is direct (not via the Aquarol) then the pressure reducing valve restricts the flow a tad as well as the pressure. We have this setup and we don't have the inboard pump switched on as the pressure and flow is enough for the sink taps, however if we need to use the shower there is not quite enough flow, so then we switch the inboard pump on which makes a big difference.

The other thing is if a Whale Aquasource is used, that it's vital to get it into the inlet housing correctly.  It's easy for the top to not be held by in the flap/cover correctly and that reduces the water flow considerably.  :blush:  I have that T-shirt, too :blush: