Separate field for left hand drive

chrissiefiddle

On a lovely site atm, well known to us. But strict car,caravan,awning rules. This gives us a lovely green lawn in front of our awning. But a motor home with left hand drive is on the next pitch.

So as i sit on my patch of grass they and their two dogs are less than 3feet away.

Am I right to feel aggrieved? 

2 minutes ago, chrissiefiddle said:

Unless your neighbour has invaded any ‘no man's land' between pitches then no, not really.   Your ‘neighbour'  has rented a pitch just as you have and has presumably pitched entirely in accordance with the strict site rules that you mention just as you have.   Have you thought that he/she/they may not be enjoying the close proximity either...  

You have no right or reasonable expectation of empty space on an adjoining pitch unless you have also rented that pitch for the duration of your stay.  

A separate field just for left hand drive motorhomes seems to be a vanishingly small likelihood but have you suggested it to the site owner?

That's very annoying and must feel as though you have no privacy.

I'd speak with the warden and get clarification.

Just one thought though - is it the people and their dogs next to your awning , then their motorhome?  If so, the site separation distances may have been complied with and technically there's not much of an argument.

The left hand drive vehicle will have backed in as per the brainless site instructions.

Him pulling onto the pitch nose first would have sorted the problem.

Land Rover is now back towing.

When I'm on UK sites with my German registered caravan (door on the right) I put it onto the pitch nose first, problem solved.

You could just walk about your pitch naked see if that makes them turn the other way (unless they're German, then they'd join you)

2015 3. 2 Auto Mitsubishi Pajero tugging a 2016 Tabbert Pucinni 2. 5e

2 minutes ago, Borussia 1900 said:

When I'm on UK sites with my German registered caravan (door on the right) I put it onto the pitch nose first, problem solved.

Good on yer!  Not all caravans can do that if heavy and no mover but I'm sure Boris will ban all jonny foreigners soon!;)

Sam :beardy:

2 minutes ago, SamD said:

Good on yer!  Not all caravans can do that if heavy and no mover but I'm sure Boris will ban all jonny foreigners soon!;)

I'm not a foreigner :rolleyes: 

2015 3. 2 Auto Mitsubishi Pajero tugging a 2016 Tabbert Pucinni 2. 5e

Doesn't bother us. Happens a lot overseas as we have a British built motorhome.

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Has never bothered us, we have a LHD car and a LHS door caravan.

A word with the warden (in the UK) has always sorted a potential problem.

On the continent the drivers side or the door side of the caravan has never made the slightest difference.

3 hours ago, moorgate said:

There are sites where dogs are excluded  - use the internet to find them like I do :)

Not sure the OP was about dogs...  more about a general lack of privacy I’d have thought given the thread title and context of the post.

A site where left hand drive motorhomes are specifically excluded would perhaps be more welcome...  any of those on the internet? :)

5 minutes ago, ReggiePerrin said:

Not sure the OP was about dogs...  more about a general lack of privacy I’d have thought given the thread title and context of the post.

A site where left hand drive motorhomes are specifically excluded would perhaps be more welcome...  any of those on the internet? :)

No but, there may be loads of sites on the Continent soon which do not allow RHD. :D

Ern

5 hours ago, SamD said:

Would that be the same Boris that was born in the Upper East Side, Manhattan, New York and has German aristocratic ancestry?

1 hour ago, Ern said:

No but, there may be loads of sites on the Continent soon which do not allow RHD. :D

We wouldn't do that to our Irish, Maltese or Cypriot brothers. :D. Besides, some people over here think it's chic to have a RHD car. I've driven a couple on German plates myself.

I don’t see why OP should feel aggrieved. On most sites, we all choose to holiday in close proximity to each other, and a few feet here or there isn’t making much difference. If space is such an issue, why not use a CL/CS, which in our experience often have huge spacing between units. 

6 hours ago, onewheelonmywagon said:

The left hand drive vehicle will have backed in as per the brainless site instructions.

Him pulling onto the pitch nose first would have sorted the problem.

No idea what site he is on. No idea why there should be a problem whichever side his door is on

Edited by Easy T

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

7 hours ago, chrissiefiddle said:

On a lovely site atm, well known to us. But strict car,caravan,awning rules. This gives us a lovely green lawn in front of our awning. But a motor home with left hand drive is on the next pitch.

So as i sit on my patch of grass they and their two dogs are less than 3feet away.

Yes. 3ft is ridiculous . I think a word with the site owner is required

macafee2

We are on a French site at the moment. It's one where everyone pitches parallel to the access road as the pitches are not deep.

Being Jonny Foreigners with our door on the wrong side, we had the option of pitching nose to tail with everyone else but having our door open on to the access road or 'upsetting' the regimentation.

We opted for the latter but it does mean we are rear to rear with our neighbours so as to allow our neighbours on the other side room to hitch up.

I don't think anyone is bothered.15664140844766851888379867005970.thumb.jpg.877737373c996b63b13b4a1dfed2bc97.jpg

1 hour ago, macafee2 said:

Yes. 3ft is ridiculous . I think a word with the site owner is required

macafee2

We were on a Spanish site last autumn where the caravans were so close that we couldn't open the windows fully without colliding with the neighbour's caravan - fortunately just for one night before moving on.

wow some of you are far far more tolerant over spacing then I am.  I'd be so stressed with such pitching.

I don't want to hear the caravan next to me.

From an electric post, my EHU cable at full stretch in one direction and the other caravans EHU cable at full stretch in the other is about right :) I have been known to connect  2 cables together and move further away, advantage of end pitch.

macafee2

Try saying Hello to your neighbour and having a chat and a beer together or have you already erected your six foot high windbreak as seem to be the trend these days.

9 hours ago, Benfica said:

Try saying Hello to your neighbour and having a chat and a beer together or have you already erected your six foot high windbreak as seem to be the trend these days.

Some people (us) go away for time together as we enjoy our own company, and don’t want to be pally with our neighbours outside of a polite hello.

Which is why we always use CMC sites, you are guaranteed the required degree of separation between units (which to others is seen as a problem).

18 hours ago, chrissiefiddle said:

You have your van and awning on your pitch? And you are sitting on your pitch?

They have there motorhome on their pitch? And they and the dogs are sitting on  their pitch?

You have the required separation between units?

If so I can't see any reason for you to complain.