Sign in to follow this  
TenStar

2019 Cartagena - motor mover switch

Dealer fitted cut out switch inside underbed locker, presumably for ease of fitting. However there's a dedicated position for this cutout switch under one of the power access flaps, has anybody moved/fitted motor mover switch there, any issues, will standard switch fit???

All Unicorn4’s are pre wired for movers so dealer would have used that I guess. Which power access flap do you mean? A photo would be good.

10 hours ago, TenStar said:

Dealer fitted cut out switch inside underbed locker, presumably for ease of fitting. However there's a dedicated position for this cutout switch under one of the power access flaps, has anybody moved/fitted motor mover switch there, any issues, will standard switch fit???

It is unlikely the dealer fitted the isolator switch because all Unicorn come with factory fitted motor mover ready wiring, 

Beginning to doubt memory, will check documentation that came with caravan and take photo next time at storage.

On 20/08/2019 at 21:54, TenStar said:

The front where the key goes in may fit the power outlet socket box, but the back of the switch would never fit in there - its far too big. Just leave it where it is and enjoy life.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, oldboy said:

It is unlikely the dealer fitted the isolator switch because all Unicorn come with factory fitted motor mover ready wiring, 

My Phoenix came with the wiring but NOT any switch! Dealer fitted it into an external socket similar to the EHU point, so it’s accessible without having to rummage in the locker.

Andy

Edited by Mr Plodd

All 19's models are prewired with an isolation switch, the only van that has an external isolator as standard is a Pamplona IIRC, so the only external fittings will be the mains inlet and mains outlet (which look exactly like the isolator fitted to the Pamplona)

My Segovia has an external switch. I have no idea if the dealer fitted the actual switch, but the box / access flap was factory fitted. It may be because the Segovia and Pamplona have the wiring for all the mover gubbins in the bottom of the wardrobe, which is in the central washroom, so making it easy to fit external switch points, just guessing at this, but it certainly is handy having the isolator outside next to the mover.

Not very clear but to the immediate right of the 240v outlet there is what I believe to be provision to fit the mover switch.

MVIMG_20190828_092653.thumb.jpg.4280d030f962b20fea815a9cce66185c.jpg 

4 hours ago, TenStar said:

Not very clear but to the immediate right of the 240v outlet there is what I believe to be provision to fit the mover switch.

Too small!! Not enough room behind the 230 part to fit the normal isolator. 

I have the same socket on my Phoenix, when my mover was fitted, by the supplying dealer, they installed another specific unit, the same as above but with just the isolator. Right alongside the NS mover, very useful.

Andy

our MM switch is just inside the under bed locker, no stretching , very convenient to use   and we have the same van as Mr. Plodd but a different dealer, so it would seem that whoever fits it pleases themselves. 

I have just purchased a 2017 Cartagena and part of the deal was the dealer would fit a motor mover, they fitted an emove  unit and put the key under  the bed as close to the recessed, in the floor battery. When I asked why it was in such an impractical place, they told me they get a wiring kit supplied with the mover for each caravan model and for the Cartagena emove only supply short cables from the battery to the switch. 

Having said all that, Emove have told me that is not the case and are sending me 2 meters of cable, so as I can move the switch to just inside the locker door.

On 28/08/2019 at 09:31, TenStar said:

that's for adding a continental style 12v socket, not the isolation switch for a mover