Sign in to follow this  
Flying Grandad

Eriba touring quality

Does anyone have first hand experience of the build quality of current Eriba Touring models? Are they still as good as their reputation would promise? Are there any "cons" to consider?

I'm thinking of downsizing and would value the opinions of those who have experience of the marque.

Hi I recently sold my Eriba Troll after two years of ownership, the main reason being the lack of comfort when compared to a normal caravan rather than any significant quality issues. That being said, it is generally recognised amongst owners that the newer built Eriba vans aren’t quite as solidly built as those in the past. I noticed that the metal sides were easily dented and also had a wavy affect. Also the two metal poles used to create the bed supports bend over a period of time. The woodwork was also easily scratched and I had to add plastic strips to all lockers as they are top opening and would just swing open/down. 

remember you don’t get Alde heating, you are limited in terms of 230v plugs, no fitted carpets, no central chest, limited height in a third of the van, very cramped bathroom, tiny/shallow fridge, no cooker and if buying new are extremely expensive. Everything is an option .... but it’s still a nice van. Just wasn’t for me. 

11 hours ago, Tonks said:

Hi I recently sold my Eriba Troll after two years of ownership, the main reason being the lack of comfort when compared to a normal caravan rather than any significant quality issues. That being said, it is generally recognised amongst owners that the newer built Eriba vans aren’t quite as solidly built as those in the past. I noticed that the metal sides were easily dented and also had a wavy affect. Also the two metal poles used to create the bed supports bend over a period of time. The woodwork was also easily scratched and I had to add plastic strips to all lockers as they are top opening and would just swing open/down. 

remember you don’t get Alde heating, you are limited in terms of 230v plugs, no fitted carpets, no central chest, limited height in a third of the van, very cramped bathroom, tiny/shallow fridge, no cooker and if buying new are extremely expensive. Everything is an option .... but it’s still a nice van. Just wasn’t for me. 

Thank you Tonks. Food for thought.