Sign in to follow this  
Moulesy

Ace Jubilee viscount 2008

hi 

new here, i have a problem on my ace Jubilee viscount 2008, dont think the battery charger is working. Any ideas?

Once the battery drops below 9v it knocks all the power out. 

Battery chargers in vans often get their power through a plug like a kettle plug. These sometimes come loose.

Otherwise it is not uncommon for chargers to simply fail.

Thanks, do i remove the panel where the charger, water heater, and space heater is and look there? 

1 minute ago, Moulesy said:

Thanks, do i remove the panel where the charger, water heater, and space heater is and look there? 

I am not familiar with your particular van, but it could well be there.

Many thanks for your help 

You should see the kettle type black plug fitted into the back without taking the charger to bits.

1 - Check the voltage across the battery terminals when the caravan is connected to the mains and the charger switched on.  Then check again when the mains is disconnected.  There should be a small difference in voltage and that would indicate that the charger is producing an output. ..........2 -- Have you had your battery checked recently by an auto electrician ?.  

Edited by bessacarr425

Hi the battery is brand new. Will check the wiring from the back of the switch and follow the wire, maybe a inline fuse has blown 

Any lead-acid battery depleted to 9V will be permanently damaged if not recharged asap.

Download the manuals for your Ace from the Swift website https://www.swiftgroup.co.uk/owners/handbooks  Both the generic Owners manual and the specific Technical - that has wiring diagrams and plug/socket idents for the various cables to the power/distribution units which may help you.

Ace 2008 may well be one of the 'infamous' Nordelectronika units (though my NE 183/189  gave us no trouble in the 5 years I had an Ace Award).  Mine had the charger-psu pack as a black electronics box fixed (after a fashion) to the outside wall near the battery box at the front.   Habitation relays DC fuses and such were all where the 13 pin cable was terminated on the front offside bulkhead.

You may be wise to enlist a mobile service technician familiar with the caravan model to investigate diagnose and advise?  Perhaps a service at the same time would be cost-effective if it hasn't been done recently?  https://www.approvedworkshops.co.uk/ is one place to find such resources.