Sign in to follow this  
Deepingposhie

Bathroom light

My 2014 Lunar Clubman SB bathroom light has stopped working.  Removed  glass lamp cover and nothing appears loose. Assume I need a replacement light but where would I obtain one? And how easy is it to fit?

You should be able to get a replacement lamp from your local caravan dealers.  Take a photograph and show it to the dealer.

Most lamps are a push fit.

6 minutes ago, Deepingposhie said:

My 2014 Lunar Clubman SB bathroom light has stopped working.  Removed  glass lamp cover and nothing appears loose. Assume I need a replacement light but where would I obtain one? And how easy is it to fit?

I am not familiar with Lunars.  Could you post a photo of the light with cover removed?  Is the bulb removable or does it look like an LED with a wee circuit board?

An LED will usually require a new unit, a halogen will probably only need a new bulb.

If it is halogen, there are LED replacements available.

Only tried to switch it on when plugged into mains. Cannot test it otherwise as caravan is in compound 30 miles away.I have trawled through ever caravan accessory/spare outlet site on the internet and still cannot see a replacement light like this one. It is about 3 inches square and looks like a circuit board. Must admit I was surprised to see it when cover was removed.My best bet would be the call my dealer service department for advice.

Thanks everyone for your help.

in our last lunar  caravan, 2016 model,   I'm sure all the lights were LED.  We did have a spotlight that stopped working and they fitted a a complete new one. Sorry I can't be of more help.

First thing is to check the wiring and connections are OK (using a multimeter?). 

Many Lunars seem to suffer from dodgy wiring faults on their lighting from a quick google and read?

Next would be to remove the luminaire (isolate the supply, and fit temporary connector block before restoring power) to test it on a known good 12V source.  That will also allow you to take it into a dealer to source a replacement lamp or whole luminaire, as necessary.

• +1 1