New Van Ready Soon

The Lawtons

Due to collect our new Bailey Champagne at the weekend but had the opportunity to check it over before the pdi. ..which we did. Couldn't find much in the way of problems other than a fault in the left hand side of the front locker by the gas bottle tray.

The left hand side of the gas bottle tray is secured to the side panel of the caravan by a screw; this screw has visibly missed the centre of the panel and has chipped a small piece of wood which Bailey has then duly filled with sealant.

A couple of inches higher than this chip the panel is not flat and is raised to the touch (obviously where the screw is close to the surface of the panel).

We showed the dealer our concerns and he has reassured us that Bailey have made a satisfactory repair and that it will not cause further problems.

On further reflection we are concerned that weight in the locker while travelling may cause the screw to create further damage.

What is your opinion???

Thanks in advance for taking time to reply. ...

Mick,

I have a 2003 Arizona. The tray in the bottom of the front locker is only supported at the back edge and the ends and sits on the "A" frame. When the 2 gas bottles and all the other stuff you usually put in the front locker, the loading can be quite high. Mine had cracked!!

I know your van is new but I put a piece of exterior quality 10mm ply across the van under the tray. I feel this gives a much more sturdy base.

I did this as I bought my van second hand and have no Bailey warranty to fall back on.

Regards

Bob R