Filling up flush water for toilet?

PAMANDROB

Message added by CT Advertising,

Prima logo.pngKeep your Thetford c200 Cassette looking as good as when you first had it by using the Toilet Fresh-up Kits from Prima Leisure. 

Always make sure you have the right kit for your toilet. 

Worth taking a look! 

Feel like I'm being really dim but can't figure out how to fill up the flush water on our caravan toilet.

It's a Thetford C200 CWE in an Abbey Spectrum 540 2003.

At first I thought it came automatically off the water supply but  now I don't think the CWE does.

I have the little door above the main door where you take the toilet out to empty it. It would make sense to fill the water tank up here but inside there is a black wire and a grey wire. Is that normal? It doesn't make me want to pour water in it but I can't see how else it works.

Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance.

I don't think that's unusual. Is there any pink staining around the flap / tank indicating it's been previously filled.

:excl::excl::excl:    Spanish Trip 2020 - :excl::excl::excl: - Time to bailout...

Subscribe to our Blog at the website below and read the diaries of many of our expeditions.

Caravan Ramblings blog

That little door above the door where you empty the toilet is where you fill the flush tank. The wires your seeing will be for the pump.

No pink staining. It must go in there though.  Will wait and see if a couple of people can def confirm the wires before I chuck water in there! Thanks for your reply.

3 minutes ago, hinchy said:

That little door above the door where you empty the toilet is where you fill the flush tank. The wires your seeing will be for the pump.

Thanks! Will fill it up. Another caravan mystery solved for me 😁

4 hours ago, PAMANDROB said:

I have the little door above the main door where you take the toilet out to empty it. It would make sense to fill the water tank up here but inside there is a black wire and a grey wire. Is that normal? It doesn't make me want to pour water in it but I can't see how else it works.

Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance.

Yep, that's where you fill it.

image.png

Google image

Hopefully that's not Thetford Blue fluid you're poring in there Grandpa Steve.

For PamandRob the Thetford Blue fluid should only go in the toilet cassette, you can put Thetford Pink into the flush reservoir.   The blue in the flush reservoir will permanently stain the toilet bowl

Other makes of toilet fluids are different, for example we use Supakem which is blue but is suitable for use in both the cassette and flush reservoir.

As has been said the flush water does indeed go in that opening above the cassette door, but just use plain ordinary water, there is no benefit to adding any of the "additives" on sale especially Thetford Pink.

They can, and do cause a lot of algae to grow in the flush tank, eventually damaging your pump.

5 minutes ago, Brecon said:

As has been said the flush water does indeed go in that opening above the cassette door, but just use plain ordinary water, there is no benefit to adding any of the "additives" on sale especially Thetford Pink.

They can, and do cause a lot of algae to grow in the flush tank, eventually damaging your pump.

Sorry, but I beg to differ. In 35+ years of using a pink flush fluid in my top/flush tank, never had anything like what you have described. My currant van I have had for 12 years has worked faultlessly and I leave it in the tank over the winter period where I don't use it for about 4 months. Perhaps I'm just lucky.

Bonne Chance.

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

Thetford changed the formula about 5 years ago which had a chance of 'black bits'....their current mix is fine.....Use Elsan myself or plain water.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

I added some toilet fluid flush once many years ago...can't remember which one but it end up blocking the pump. Luckily just removing the punp and cleaning it fixed it. Never had a problem since   just using fresh water now like I do at home.  Chemicals just in the holding tank.

A squirt of washing up liquid in the flush tank is what I have been using for over a year now, I have no plans to change to anything else because....................................... it works well :).

3 hours ago, Vanning Man said:

Hopefully that's not Thetford Blue fluid you're poring in there Grandpa Steve.

It was the best image I could find on Google but there is nothing to stop you putting Blue in the flush tank.

4 hours ago, PAMANDROB said:

No pink staining. It must go in there though.  Will wait and see if a couple of people can def confirm the wires before I chuck water in there! Thanks for your reply.

Thanks! Will fill it up. Another caravan mystery solved for me 😁

You may find it helpful to have a look at your handbook. The operation of the toilet in your van is shown on pages 89-91. 

https://orbit.brightbox.com/v1/acc-jqzwj/Swift-Group/handbooks/pdfs/000/000/015/original/1048547_Caravan_Owners_Hbook_2003.pdf?1472743465

2016 Volvo XC60 D5 (220) AWD,   2019 Swift Celeste 565SE

14 hours ago, PAMANDROB said:

Feel like I'm being really dim but can't figure out how to fill up the flush water on our caravan toilet

Our previous was a 2001 Swift group product and it had the manual Thetford loo. I think rather than a separate little door for filling it just had a sort of outlet funnel that you poured the water straight into that was built into the side of the van.

We've never bothered with additional fluids in the top tank. A lot of the people on Facebook use Zo Flora, but I think they are also the people that buy Yankee Candles.

• 1 year later...

Always use the blue not pink your supposed to put a little blue in the empty tank to make it smell nice but if you put into the small top hole in the refill it comes through the toilet flush 😊 nice smell too

On 15/08/2019 at 22:07, Guest said:

It was the best image I could find on Google but there is nothing to stop you putting Blue in the flush tank.

Some of the blue chemicals will, over time, destroy the seals in the pump and the seal in the cassette. In the flush water avoid the blue additives unless it says on the bottle that you can use it in both tanks.

Never seen the need for the pink stuff which can produce black bits if left for some time, we have nothing similar at home so why have it in the caravan.

For filling the best bet is a watering can without the rose.

25 minutes ago, nick cross said:

Always use the blue not pink your supposed to put a little blue in the empty tank to make it smell nice but if you put into the small top hole in the refill it comes through the toilet flush 😊 nice smell too

Er, no. The chemical you put in the holding (i.e. bottom) tank is designed to make the No.2's breakdown into a mush so that they can be poured out easily. It also helps the tissue to break up as well. The chemical certainly does not (always) stop the tank from smelling - that depends upon the type and quantity of the contents!!

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

39 minutes ago, nick cross said:

This what can happen when you put the blue in the flush tank. 

Not easy to remove either 

110785760_10159975275434018_3619642378762871592_n.jpg

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****