rovinmad

Hyundai satnav updates

Posted (edited)

I bought my Santa Fe new in 2015.  So it's had two full and two interim services.  I've always asked for the satnav maps to be updated but there's always been some excuse as to why it couldn't be done

I booked it in specially for it once but I can't say noticed any difference.

I'm very disappointed with the performance which is pretty hopeless.  Twice recently using a postcode it's taken me to the right street name but a couple of miles from the right one.

Has anyone discovered a way of updating the maps online?

I've updated the system myself twice, but can't do the maps.

Edited by rovinmad

I had a 2015 Kia Sorento and from my understanding the company who supplied the maps to Kia no longer did updates (but Kia was working to sort this out) I sold my car before any updates. I would have a look on the Hyundai forum to see if updates for your 2015 Nav are available as a starting point.

I have a 2014 Santa Fe. Main dealer serviced and SatNav mapping has been updated each time as part of the service.

10 hours ago, davidhr said:

I have a 2014 Santa Fe. Main dealer serviced and SatNav mapping has been updated each time as part of the service.

How do you know?  Was there a noticeable improvement, did you notice new roads added for instance?  

My car went into the main agent which supplied it new.  They said it takes a few hours to complete the map update.   They are supposed to have done it once but the other times excuses were made. 

The system update I can do myself at home, but I haven't noticed any difference.

I have to say that the Garmin I have is much better in my opinion.

I have not bothered about updates as the TomTom Go iPhone version I have is 'streets' ahead.

Live traffic updates, speed camera warnings, compatible with contacts on the iPhone etc etc.

Can't say that I have come across a 'built in' Sat Nav that is worth using - I recall one that my mother has in her Honda Civic,  it was awful and took about a dozen steps to get to where the TomTom got in three.

Well I c

21 minutes ago, The road toad said:

I have not bothered about updates as the TomTom Go iPhone version I have is 'streets' ahead.

Live traffic updates, speed camera warnings, compatible with contacts on the iPhone etc etc.

Can't say that I have come across a 'built in' Sat Nav that is worth using - I recall one that my mother has in her Honda Civic,  it was awful and took about a dozen steps to get to where the TomTom got in three.

Well I can agree with you and that's probably why I've let it slide somewhat.  It's just that it was very expensive and it is so much neater than having to fix one on the windscreen.

I'm in the last year of the five year guarantee so I thought I'd try to get it sorted.

I had a link from Hyundai Forums but it's all in German so I haven't got anywhere with it yet.  Also it didn't list the Santa Fe.