LeadFarmer

Kitchen worktop extension?

Posted (edited)

Anyone know if the lift up kitchen worktop extension is available to purchase separately and DIY fit?

K.jpg

Edited by LeadFarmer

LF, fairly certain they’re available, but from what I remember it may set you back about £130!

Hinges and stays are readily available on-line if your carpentry skills are up to it.

John

Would it only be available from a Swift dealer?

If you fancy the DIY option, try https://www.habitat.co.uk/drew-2-seat-bamboo-and-white-lacquer-folding-dining-table-446511. Just use the table top (check dimensions though) and then brackets are available on Ebay. Total cost about £70 and, FWIW, many Adria owners have done this mod as Adria don't fit a drop down flap as standard.

Habitat were doing another white table for c.£28 delivered but seems that they no longer stock this one.

According to your avatar you have a 2004 Swift Challenger. I'm not sure whether the finish was the same as the current Swift Challenger which your photo shows.  It depends on whether you want to match the finish. 

53 minutes ago, Ern said:

According to your avatar you have a 2004 Swift Challenger. I'm not sure whether the finish was the same as the current Swift Challenger which your photo shows.  It depends on whether you want to match the finish. 

I've looked at doing something similar in my 2005 Sterling Eccles Onyx, but I came to the conclusion that with the curved shape of the worktop and the profile of the edging it would just not be possible to fit a drop down worktop extension. 

John.

the Bailey, Prima leisure parts is about £60

11 hours ago, Ern said:

Correct, however I’m shopping around for a replacement and my budget takes me to 2011 - 2014 Swift Challengers, and I’ve noticed some have this worktop extension and some don’t.