Kitchen worktop extension?

Anyone know if the lift up kitchen worktop extension is available to purchase separately and DIY fit?

K.jpg

Edited by Guest

LF, fairly certain they’re available, but from what I remember it may set you back about £130!

Hinges and stays are readily available on-line if your carpentry skills are up to it.

John

If you fancy the DIY option, try https://www.habitat.co.uk/drew-2-seat-bamboo-and-white-lacquer-folding-dining-table-446511. Just use the table top (check dimensions though) and then brackets are available on Ebay. Total cost about £70 and, FWIW, many Adria owners have done this mod as Adria don't fit a drop down flap as standard.

Habitat were doing another white table for c.£28 delivered but seems that they no longer stock this one.

2019 Adria Adora Thames

According to your avatar you have a 2004 Swift Challenger. I'm not sure whether the finish was the same as the current Swift Challenger which your photo shows.  It depends on whether you want to match the finish. 

Ern

53 minutes ago, Ern said:

According to your avatar you have a 2004 Swift Challenger. I'm not sure whether the finish was the same as the current Swift Challenger which your photo shows.  It depends on whether you want to match the finish. 

I've looked at doing something similar in my 2005 Sterling Eccles Onyx, but I came to the conclusion that with the curved shape of the worktop and the profile of the edging it would just not be possible to fit a drop down worktop extension. 

John.

11 hours ago, Ern said:

Correct, however I’m shopping around for a replacement and my budget takes me to 2011 - 2014 Swift Challengers, and I’ve noticed some have this worktop extension and some don’t. 

• 1 year later...
On 13/08/2019 at 22:00, Guest said:

Anyone know if the lift up kitchen worktop extension is available to purchase separately and DIY fit?

K.jpg

Did anyone find where you can buy this exact flap? 

Possibly if you want to match the worktop you have, caravan breakers may have the one you want although, it will possibly have been used, so may not be pristine. Never used ours though, and find it a nuisance to get at the fuse box underneath it.

I wonder how many people actually use these flaps.

We find them an absolute pain and the only time it ever gets lifted is if we need to raise the seat cushion to get full access under the seat, which fortunately is very rare.

I would remove ours if it weren't for the holes it would leave.

I did a fully DIY job to extend at the other end of our kitchen. The hinge brackets are readily available from the usual sources (ebay, amazon etc.) as are iron on edging strips . I had some spare plywood in my woodstore and experimented a bit with stains to get a close enough match. I'm happy enough with the result and more importantly so is SWMBO who requested it in the first place.

ExtraShelf.thumb.jpg.34dcac9e4d913902f6324838396b3406.jpg

Life is not a rehearsal . . .:)

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco