Sign in to follow this  
conorandlucy

Zip replacement

I need to get a zip replaced on our awning.

anyone know where I can get it done?

Sorry if this seems a bit sharp, but............

SOME indication of where in the country you are located would be a very useful bit of information wouldn’t it! 

If you live in Bournemouth it’s no use being told there is a company in Glasgow that can do it! 

My first stop would be Mr Google for tent/marquee maker in your locality, or a sign makers because they often make canvas type banners etc. 

Andy

2 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

SOME indication of where in the country you are located would be a very useful bit of information wouldn’t it! 

If you live in Bournemouth it’s no use being told there is a company in Glasgow that can do it! 

My first stop would be Mr Google for tent/marquee maker in your locality, or a sign makers because they often make canvas type banners etc. 

Andy

It is good advice however there is not many places locally that will do that sort of job I have to send my Awning in  North Yorkshire once.

http://outdoorsewingsolutions.co.uk/caravan-awning-repairs/

24 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

Andy

It didn't take too much investigation to determine that conorandlucy live in Buckinghamshire!

A little bit more delving reveals that there are four such places listed here

Hope that helps get your zip replaced.

The other people to search for are sailmakers or boat cover makers/repairers

Yep. Sorry!!  Should have been more specific.  Thanks for your help! 🙂

Hi

The company we use are TRIOPAIR in Pontefract West Yorks ,by use of carriage companies it is irrelevant as to location as they can collect and deliver back your product within the UK ,at a cost of course

Their telephone number is 01977 708688 and ask for Cheryl or Caroline

Not linked to this company in any way but can recommend

Hope this helps

Steve

14 minutes ago, terrierbite said:

Hi

The company we use are TRIOPAIR in Pontefract West Yorks ,by use of carriage companies it is irrelevant as to location as they can collect and deliver back your product within the UK ,at a cost of course

Their telephone number is 01977 708688 and ask for Cheryl or Caroline

Not linked to this company in any way but can recommend

Hope this helps

Steve

I've also had excellent service from Triopair and would recommend them to anyone!

John.

On 13/08/2019 at 19:35, Wunny said:

It didn't take too much investigation to determine that conorandlucy live in Buckinghamshire!

A little bit more delving reveals that there are four such places listed here

I have no idea where in Buckinghamshire Conorandlucy live but CIT Camping (the first company of the four listed by Wunny) couldn't possibly be reached in 15 miles.    However, I can vouch for CIT camping's workmanship.    I live only 9 miles away from them so no distance to visit their shop and workshop.   They've done a couple of jobs on my awning over the past two years.   The first was to make the corded edge 6 inches longer by inserting a tapered piece in the mud wall and just a couple of months ago, to replace a zip in the end panel.     The first job was £40 and the 2nd was £90 - but then it was a heavy duty zip nearly 4mtrs in length.