David 38

Plastic rear corner cover removal.

I'm trying to remove this cover, https://www.primaleisure.com/product/1101050/ps4-pt2-un3-os-rear-bumper-corner-cap from my 2018 Pursuit.

Got the two screws out from each end but the cover is securely held in the middle on the corner what is holding it please?

Glue?

Quite possibly double sided tape.

Bailey have advised me within the hour via e-mail.

"The plastic corner cap is held on with the 2 screws you have removed and an adhesive called soudal supertak.

With a bit of gentle brute force the cap will come away."

I applied the force required and is now off.

So I guess this or similar will be needed for the replacement.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/soudal-fix-all-high-tack-adhesive-sealant-white-290ml/64585?kpid=64585&ds_kid=92700023141675740&ds_rl=1249416&ds_rl=1241687&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1249484&ds_rl=1245250&gclid=Cj0KCQjwv8nqBRDGARIsAHfR9wBVQTTvwg8tDYkC42rhYfJjJImPY1ayiq1nMCYGh_bL5xRtGmzAmicaAi-UEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

2 hours ago, David 38 said:

Bailey have advised me within the hour via e-mail.

Well done to Bailey.  Customer service at its best.

I suspect that the adhesive is used to 'place' the part before drilling and fixing it with the screws on the assembly line.  It may not be required for reassembly?   You are probably best placed to judge that now you've removed it, though?

I think you will be spot on there, looks like they used a whole tube of the sealant/glue with only about 3 small spots having made contact with the big panel.

Thing is when I get the replacement I think it might not have screw holes in so I will see if I can get 2 in in the same place.

( The holes in cover are not clearance holes so that's why I think your correct with drilled when in place.)