Battery in-line fuse

Vinrouge

I have a 2002 Sterling Eccles Topaz van.   All electrics have been working fine since I bought it 3 years ago.  I took the battery out to charge it and think when re-connecting the terminals that I shorted the system out.  All fuses,  MCBs and mains power are OK and battery showing 13.5V, but 12V indicator im van shows zero.  My handbook says that "an in-line fuse between the battery terminal and strip connector has been fitted".  I'm thinking that I've blown that.

Have taken seat cushions off over battery compartment and revealed  the various wires and boxes.  All extremely tidy and secure but cannot see anything that looks like a fuse.  Not sure I could recognise a "strip connector" on a clear day either!

Grateful for any advice please.

Follow the cable from the +ve terminal out of the battery box in to the caravan, the inline fuse could be tucked loosely under the bottom of the battery box inside the caravan, ours is.

Thanks guys, going up to van tomorrow.  Will let you know how I get on!

Found it!  Strange thing though, it wasn’t “in line” but at the end of a random positive lead.  Also it was a 20A spadefuse rather than the tube type.

What a relief, thanks again for your help.