Sign in to follow this  
B Harvey

Advice on Coachman Pastiche

Hi guys

Interesting site and lots of useful info. Wondered if we could pick your brains. Have a Coachman Pastiche 520/4 2010 in mind from reputable dealer. Any specific snags/faults we should look out for?

Many thanks

Barry and Jo

Open the front windows and look up towards the hinge bar. You will have to lift them a fair way up to see. Check above and below the hinge bar fixing screws as Coachman vans of this age are prone to cracking of the front panel propagating from these holes. 

On 11/08/2019 at 13:10, B Harvey said:

Hi guys

Interesting site and lots of useful info. Wondered if we could pick your brains. Have a Coachman Pastiche 520/4 2010 in mind from reputable dealer. Any specific snags/faults we should look out for?

Many thanks

Barry and Jo

Be care full, check  the front above the windows for signs of cracks , see attached , I had to have a new front fitted on my Pastiche 560, done under warranty in 2014/5 now in 2018 cracked again. 

Caravan Crack 1.JPG

If the rear panel of the van is ABS then check for damp in areas underneath the roof strip. If there is no damp, press the walls to check for soft areas. Be aware of any peeling or repaired wall covering near the floor where water has dripped down and the covering has been repaired.

In 2011 we had to have a new rear and a new front on a 2010 VIP 520/4, the van had to be returned to Hull for the work to be carried out, when it was returned Coachman replaced  the plastic hinges on the Lockers to metal everything had been gone over and felt like a new van when it was returned,  All this work was carried out in a three week window, one to collect, second to fix and the third to return the van, brilliant service, and that my friends is why I wont buy any other make, we are on our fifth at the moment 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kiters61 said:

Be care full, check  the front above the windows for signs of cracks , see attached , I had to have a new front fitted on my Pastiche 560, done under warranty in 2014/5 now in 2018 cracked again. 

Caravan Crack 1.JPG

This is what I said to check for in my earlier post.

The cracks can often bee seen earlier from underneath the window bar when they are not as long.