Awning storm strap

BOAC

I have a Eurovent awning which is very similar to an Isabella.

The difference is that on the Isabella I owned there were two sets of upright spikes on each pole radiating out from the caravan. The first of the three upright spikes held the storm strap in place and stopped it sliding towards the awning edge. The second set of spikes were on short sections that supported the sun shade.

On the Eurovent there are only three upright spikes on the sunshade part, and I don't think the short poles have the necessary strength to withstand the forces exerted by a storm strap.

I would far rather use a guy rope on to each of the tops of the three front vertical poles, but it is a fiddly job to tie the guy ropes to the top of the poles.

Below is a pic of the Eurovent with one guyrope attached to the centre pole top. Anyone any comments or ideas with any modifications or parts to improve matters please.

2145827966_CallanderAug2019GIMP(24).thumb.jpg.76d5d423777070fa269937921883181d.jpg

Never had a problem with the Isabella stormbands, and don’t see that they rely on the first spike in any way.

Have you looked on youTube at the Isabella stormband fixing video.

Edited by hp100425ev

4 minutes ago, hp100425ev said:

Never had a problem with the Isabella stormbands, and don’t see that they rely on the first spike in any way.

:Thankyou:HP.   Problem solved with your help. EXACTLY the thing I am after. I never knew they existed.

Send me the bill :D

38 minutes ago, hp100425ev said:

The Isabella fixing instructions state that you should NOT use the 'spikes' that emerge through the awning roof for fixing the storm straps, because the 'spikes' will merely snap off. Hence the instruction to wrap the storm strap around the corner pole bracing sections [it's easier to see on the video than to describe in writing!].

Steve