Heater pulsing when turn power on.

Wyastonpeg

Hi there

first post/cry for help..

just got back from week away in Devon and after I parked up the heating system now pulses/hunts when I turn the power on. I have disconnected the water heater so know it’s the hot air heater. 

Have tried to turn on/off via digital control but no change. Any ideas?

van is 2014

thanks

Just now, Wyastonpeg said:

Hi there

first post/cry for help..

just got back from week away in Devon and after I parked up the heating system now pulses/hunts when I turn the power on. I have disconnected the water heater so know it’s the hot air heater. 

Have tried to turn on/off via digital control but no change. Any ideas?

van is 2014

thanks

More informations needed, van is a 2014 what? 

What make of heating?

When you say it's pulsing, what is pulsing, the fan, the pump, the burner?

AJG

3 minutes ago, AJGalaxy2012 said:

More informations needed, van is a 2014 what? 

What make of heating?

When you say it's pulsing, what is pulsing, the fan, the pump, the burner?

AJG

Hi AJC, if you look on his profile it's a Pegasus Ancona...;)

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

Sorry yes a 2014 Ancona, i think it’s a alde heating system

It blows on off probably each second (pulsing)

I presume it’s just the fan as I can feel it at the vents

7 minutes ago, Wyastonpeg said:

Sorry yes a 2014 Ancona, i think it’s a alde heating system

It blows on off probably each second (pulsing)

I presume it’s just the fan as I can feel it at the vents

I dont think its Alde, that wouldnt have the fan as far as I know, sounds more like Truma system.

Does the fan switch have an auto / manual position? if so move it to manual and see what happens (assuming it's blown air).

Not sure on OEM, van instructions suggested Alde. The heater and fan are under a bunk, boxed in with ply, no sign of a man/auto switch. Noticed that the voltage reading isn’t displaying either and the van isn’t connected to the mains. I wonder if something happened when I unhitched..

will have a deeper look at van manual. Thanks for interest/support 

paul

16 minutes ago, Wyastonpeg said:

Not sure on OEM, van instructions suggested Alde. The heater and fan are under a bunk, boxed in with ply, no sign of a man/auto switch. Noticed that the voltage reading isn’t displaying either and the van isn’t connected to the mains. I wonder if something happened when I unhitched..

will have a deeper look at van manual. Thanks for interest/support 

paul

I wonder if the battery is flat, just enough power to start the heater but then that drags the voltage down and the process starts again?

I guess that could be, but we have a solar panel and had been on hook up for a week.  Unless ride home we forgot to put fridge on car power and it’s died...a week of solar certainly hasn’t changed the behaviour. Will rig mains tomorrow and see. Thanks

Just thought, I used the motor mover earlier so battery must be ok...

its being services Tues so should find out then I guess

It’s a whale heating system. Apparently the battery voltage for the whale control panel is taken at the heater point of architecture. The problem continues when hooked up to mains or car which means it’s looking like a whale heater electrical fault....joy, bet that won’t be cheap

Edited by Wyastonpeg

5 hours ago, Wyastonpeg said:

It’s a whale heating system. Apparently the battery voltage for the whale control panel is taken at the heater point of architecture. The problem continues when hooked up to mains or car which means it’s looking like a whale heater electrical fault....joy, bet that won’t be cheap

It shouldnt do it when hooked up to the car, the habitation relay should kill all of the caravans 12v. You may have another fault!

• 1 year later...
On 30/03/2021 at 18:57, Stevoc10 said:

Had the same issue on the same caravan, shelled out £130 for a PCB and it hasn't cured the issue

Contact Whale customer service direct - usually very helpful