Fiamma Caravanstore CS Lite privacy room

Scaramanga

Anybody got one of these and anybody recommend them? I have a Caravanstore 410 and seen one of these privacy rooms set up on the site we are at and looked pretty good. One thing that is confusing me though when you look them up online is they state the size and then XL. I’m hoping that this size will fit the standard 3m roll out Caravanstore?

I had a Fiamma Privacy room when I had a motorhome. I didn’t keep it long. First off they are heavy bits of kit, not at all easy to assemble and although I had all the right kit I could never get it to seal correctly.,

If you look on eBay there are usually a good few for sale “Only used once” etc There  are reasons for that and they are listed above! I would not even consider getting another one. However my experience was with a motorhome version which MAY be different to a caravan one, but why manufacture two types??

My advice would be to get a ‘proper” awning (poled or air) of a similar size and either sell, or keep for “non awning” trips your caravanstore. 

Andy

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

1 hour ago, Scaramanga said:

Anybody got one of these and anybody recommend them? I have a Caravanstore 410 and seen one of these privacy rooms set up on the site we are at and looked pretty good. One thing that is confusing me though when you look them up online is they state the size and then XL. I’m hoping that this size will fit the standard 3m roll out Caravanstore?

The XL is the new caravanstore canopy size available for 280 and above versions.  They extend 250 cm which is 25 cm wider than the older style.  If yours is a few years old then although the front will fit the sides will not. 

You also need to check if yours is a caravanstore zip or the less expensive carsavanstore.  With the zip ends and front panel zip into place and are both robust and watertight.  The non zip variety simply hang from a separate pole on the side and tie to the corner upright.  Front panels are carried in the front awning style extrusion on the "tube".   These too simply tie to the corner uprights.  They are not watertight but perfectly fine for European camping I suggest.

We swear by our caravanstore XL canopy.  It is so quick to erect and put away that even an overnight makes it a possibility.

We have one end and a front that is about 60 cms shorter than the front should be!

Basically if needed we pop up the end and again, if needed the front.  Gives us an "L" shaped protected area but cannot be called an awning.  We also have netting shade pieces which I've modified considerably.  Very useful for low sun.  

(I can post details if you're interested)

Horses for courses as always. 

Edit:  Just added pics from this summer showing our arrangement.  Adequate for the South of France and elsewhere if warm but not much use in the UK in cold and wet. 

caravanstore.jpg

Edited by Squash
Added pics.

We use our zip one all year round in Ireland, we think it's a brilliant piece of kit, easy to use and much much quicker to put up and so much more versatile than a conventional awning.

( what site were you on when you saw it ? )

It depends on whether you just buy the add on sides and front panels or a proper privacy room. The privacy room has additional rafter poles and clamps that seal the sides to the awning making it more water/wind proof. The front and sides zip together to form good seal. The front goes into the channel in the front rafters forming a tight seal. Ours has been up in many weather conditions and has proved fairly weather proof.

The pictures in the previous post are not a privacy room, or the additional clamps have not been used to seal canopy to sides.

The Zip model is a complete system where the sides zip on to the awning fabric, as well as together. Not 5he same as a privacy room add on to an existing caravan store canopy

I have a caravanstore XL 320 with a privacy room. It’s up for sale, used once, answer your question?

gone back to a air awning, easy, faster and lighter..

E78A5A5B-E222-4CF8-A3C7-6B85443073D7.jpeg

2018 Volvo XC60  D4 AWD + Penshurst Premier Plus (AKA Elddis Affinity 550)

1 hour ago, Robbido said:

We use our zip one all year round in Ireland, we think it's a brilliant piece of kit, easy to use and much much quicker to put up and so much more versatile than a conventional awning.

( what site were you on when you saw it ? )

It was at Brean in Somerset