Message added by CT Advertising,

CoachmanEach Coachman caravan is built to our exacting standards using state-of-the-art construction methods and materials and finished with the highest levels of specification and features.

We strive to move forward in our quest to create the perfect caravan.
Visit Coachman.co.uk for further details.

If the ATC is an optional extra then I feel this is a retrograde step, safety should never be an optional extra.

When a proved safety device is available, it should be fitted as standard, like antilock  brakes on a car.

My friend picked up his new van this year having never had ATC on his 10 year old van, On his way back he came across a particularly bad bit of road near the Avonmouth bridge which he swears would have resulted in a very bad snake had he been towing his old one.  He became an instant convert, so am I because I have experienced the help it gives in certain situations.

i would say to Coachman “build the price into the van, but don’t let them through the door without ATC!”.....Peter.

Edited by peterjohn
Spelling
  • I agree completely 3

Peter and Sandy pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 565 with

2016 Ford Kuga 2. 0. 180 ps. Titanium Nav.

Retired and loving it.

• 1 month later...

Stopped over in Salisbury earlier this week and called into Tilshead caravans (actually the dealer we use despite living in Devon!) 'just to look' and mentioned we'd heard about the new Acadia range.

Turns out they'd just received the Acadia 520 for their upcoming open week-end. The 520 is the model we've always had so really had to inspect it.

As soon as we stepped in it  felt 'right' to us. Despite supposedly being a cross between the Vision and Pastiche range it felt pretty well appointed to us. Nice light airy interior. Well thought out front end, good lighting throughout and sensible switch layout. The twin front lockers allowed a much more open front seating area. They've reverted to the pull-out wooded slats for the bed which IMHO is much easier than the previous metal pull-out frame which was at the wrong angle when trying to manoeuvre it. Main bench cushions now go practically all the way along the seats avoiding that join just where you want to sit. Cupboard doors really nicely shaped. Bathroom is well thought through. One addition is a HEATED cupboard on your right as you come in the main door.

The double front lockers I was dubious about but having seen them they do seem to work really well with a separate gas locker. The doors open very wide to make access much easier. I hope they're more waterproof than our current one though!

Only disappointment was that ATC was not standard fitting but available as an add-on.

All in all it came over as a very well thought out van.

So impressed were we …...we've got one on order for delivery early December :D (oh, and we payed the extra for ATC and we've got a free motor mover being fitted)

8 hours ago, Devon Dancer said:

Stopped over in Salisbury earlier this week and called into Tilshead caravans (actually the dealer we use despite living in Devon!) 'just to look' and mentioned we'd heard about the new Acadia range.

Turns out they'd just received the Acadia 520 for their upcoming open week-end. The 520 is the model we've always had so really had to inspect it.

As soon as we stepped in it  felt 'right' to us. Despite supposedly being a cross between the Vision and Pastiche range it felt pretty well appointed to us. Nice light airy interior. Well thought out front end, good lighting throughout and sensible switch layout. The twin front lockers allowed a much more open front seating area. They've reverted to the pull-out wooded slats for the bed which IMHO is much easier than the previous metal pull-out frame which was at the wrong angle when trying to manoeuvre it. Main bench cushions now go practically all the way along the seats avoiding that join just where you want to sit. Cupboard doors really nicely shaped. Bathroom is well thought through. One addition is a HEATED cupboard on your right as you come in the main door.

The double front lockers I was dubious about but having seen them they do seem to work really well with a separate gas locker. The doors open very wide to make access much easier. I hope they're more waterproof than our current one though!

Only disappointment was that ATC was not standard fitting but available as an add-on.

All in all it came over as a very well thought out van.

So impressed were we …...we've got one on order for delivery early December :D (oh, and we payed the extra for ATC and we've got a free motor mover being fitted)

Good to hear you are impressed with the new Acadia, we have had no problems with water getting into the front lockers unlike our previous 2015 VIP single locker door.

We collect our VIP 520 on Wednesday next week. I called the cc insurance yesterday to give them details to get policy changed and the lady said I was the first to call them as the information was not yet on the system so had to manually input my details onto the system. :)

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

1288275170_2019VIP.jpg.775f2d8ce7b26db242e04a2e77903cd0.jpg

We went into a dealer yesterday to have a look at the Xcel models but he is not getting them in for another 2 weeks but he had a Laser 665 on show.

We had a look around and were very impressed by the standard.

I have never liked central toilets but the set up in this van really impressed both of us so I tried sitting on the loo to see what the legroom was like and even though there was plenty leg room the toilet bowl felt very small.

I had a quick gestimate of the size using hand measurements and when I got back to my van confirmed it is much smaller than my present Thetford.

When we go back to see the Xcel I will have taken a few measurements and compare the size.

Could be a non starter as I already find the present one small.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.