Sign in to follow this  
Glen and Les

2020 Models

Posted (edited)

Just saw these posts on Facebook - new Acadia range replaces Vision & Pastiche & 8ft Models launched. Alde Heating in all models. Coachman say new models will start arriving at dealers end of August/beginning September.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

966DD960-9180-4E50-B2D2-EB0C6D6A4510.png

470263D2-F1AC-4232-9D7A-60873B830BC0.png

Edited by Glen and Les

It looks like the new Acadia Range has got the silly twin front lockers

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Les Medes said:

I think there’s only one body shape now, apart from the 8ft wide Laser of course. We are doing the factory tour at the end of September, so looking forward, hopefully, to getting a peek before showtime - not that we are looking to change, but nice to look.

Edited by Glen and Les

Whoa! Dangerous! Whatever gave you the idea that you need to be looking to change:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

"Tweaks across the ranges and re-designed bathrooms....."  Wonder if that includes reverting to a Thetford toilet rather than the unpopular Dometic in the VIP?

Edited by Stockcroft
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stockcroft said:

"Tweaks across the ranges and re-designed bathrooms....."  Wonder if that includes reverting to a Thetford toilet rather than the unpopular Dometic in the VIP?

I believe it does, but only from what I’ve read elsewhere. 

Couple of video reviews Acadia 460 and Laser Xcel.  Certainly Thetford in Acadia but not certain in Laser?  Others will know.

Yes, Thetford in all this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Glen and Les said:

I think there’s only one body shape now, apart from the 8ft wide Laser of course. We are doing the factory tour at the end of September, so looking forward, hopefully, to getting a peek before showtime - not that we are looking to change, but nice to look.

Enjoy the factory tour, you are lucky to get a spot on that rally, booked up for years in advance by all accounts  

28 minutes ago, Les Medes said:

Enjoy the factory tour, you are lucky to get a spot on that rally, booked up for years in advance by all accounts  

There’s wasn’t a tour last year due to factory expansion, so had to wait for bookings to open early in January - my form was in the post on the day they could be submitted! They have a limit of about 80 vans, I think, so we got lucky. 😀

On 08/08/2019 at 14:46, Les Medes said:

I like the twin front locker , it gives more room inside for the front seats . I also like the Bailey mid gas locker idea as well 👍👍. Hope that Coachman have managed to pare a bit of weight from their range this year .

• +1 1

I hope that they have done away with the bathroom tap that sticks out from the wall,

a swivel tap would be a far better proposition as they used to be fitted successfully on the pre  2017 models.     Peter

• +1 1

Posted (edited)

And Dometic appliances in the VIP range 🙏🙏🙏

Edited by kiaboy

From the videos of the Acadia range and the Laser range you can see that they now use Thetford toilets again so presume the VIP will do so also - hooray, sense at last !! It also looks like there is a Thetford oven too.

AS for the washbowl in the WC area - not too sure about this and we do prefer the one in our VIP along with that 'sticky-out' tap.

The Laser Xcel certainly looks roomy especially with the double bed pushed back.

Alan 

9 hours ago, stevew1 said:

I like the twin front locker , it gives more room inside for the front seats . I also like the Bailey mid gas locker idea as well 👍👍. Hope that Coachman have managed to pare a bit of weight from their range this year .

Where do I stick my brushes, careful with the answer   :D

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, kiaboy said:

And Dometic appliances in the VIP range 🙏🙏🙏

Amen to that brother 😇😇

1 hour ago, Les Medes said:

Where do I stick my brushes, careful with the answer   :D

They could maybe go under the bed ? , don’t know about your easel though 

👨‍🎨👨‍🎨👨‍🎨👨‍🎨😎😎😇

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

://www.caravantimes.co.uk/features/dealers/coachman-2020-big-changes-but-with-the-same-winning-formula-$21388921.htm

After reading this article I see it mentions that coachman is also introducing a Ford van conversion, has anybody seen any details about this. 

Edited by ipen

5 minutes ago, ipen said:

I found this article in caravan times http://www.caravantimes.co.uk/features/dealers/coachman-2020-big-changes-but-with-the-same-winning-formula-$21388921.htm

and it mentions that coachman is also introducing a Ford van conversion, has anybody seen any details about this. 

Same link that Stevew1 posted before you did 😉

10 minutes ago, ipen said:

I found this article in caravan times http://www.caravantimes.co.uk/features/dealers/coachman-2020-big-changes-but-with-the-same-winning-formula-$21388921.htm

and it mentions that coachman is also introducing a Ford van conversion, has anybody seen any details about this. 

I cant say I know any details, but id assume it would of been made in conjunction KABE as their part owner, who a large motorhome manufacture, so might be something that is rebranded as coachman perhaps?

Posted (edited)

Saw this dealer spec list , looks like ATC is an optional extra , I thought this van was replacing the Pastiche which I’m sure had ATC as standard.

https://www.granthamcaravans.co.uk/model/2020-caravans/coachman-acadia-575-2020/

Edited by stevew1

Yes my Pastiche 565 has atc as standard.

Dealer also supplied an alko wheel lock.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, stevew1 said:

Saw this dealer spec list , looks like ATC is an optional extra , I thought this van was replacing the Pastiche which I’m sure had ATC as standard.

https://www.granthamcaravans.co.uk/model/2020-caravans/coachman-acadia-575-2020/

As Tradewinds said above, Pastiche has it, but Vision doesn’t. They’ve combined two models into one, so guess Pastiche has lost some stuff and Vision has gained some in the new model launch.

20 hours ago, Glen and Les said:

As Tradewinds said above, Pastiche has it, but Vision doesn’t. They’ve combined two models into one, so guess Pastiche has lost some stuff and Vision has gained some in the new model launch.

The Acadia looks a nice van , I certainly like the shape , only thing that bothers me is that the price has increased for a less well specced van & if you add the essential extras like ATC it puts the price up even more . A cynic like me could even assume that it is a deliberate ploy to keep the standard spec vans MIRO down. I might go to the Lawns in a few weeks & take a look .

• Like 1

Does anybody know how wide it is?  Is it the same as the vision/pastiche or has it grown to the same as the vip?