Sign in to follow this  
Benfica

Aguri satnavs

At present I use a Avtex/Caravan Club satnav, no real problems but I do get fed up with it wanting to cut corners taking me through minor roads. It gives the routes but once on these routes when it sees a opportunity to save 10 seconds on a journey by suddenly dashing cross country it will.

I have seen the adverts for the Aguri, does anyone have experience of this?

Don't waste £200.

In settings just don't select shortest and quickest routes. This goes for all satnav's!

• Like 1

I’ve got an Aguri and it’s ok, it’s not sent me on any silly routes yet!! What I do find annoying is when it starts up it always defaults to dash cam mode and I have to go through and re set my route, doesn’t take long just irritating.

for that reason am not sure I would buy another one, but then again it sounds like most sat navs have their foibles. The one in the Volvo loves green laneing irrespective of what type of route you put in!!

I have the Garmin 760 LMT Camper and I think your Avtex is based on this Garmin. When you have selected the towing mode, go into the settings and select  the fastest route and not the shortest route. I must say that my Garmin has been faultless in the 4 years of having it. 

Bonne Chance

On 07/08/2019 at 19:56, Benfica said:

At present I use a Avtex/Caravan Club satnav, no real problems but I do get fed up with it wanting to cut corners taking me through minor roads. It gives the routes but once on these routes when it sees a opportunity to save 10 seconds on a journey by suddenly dashing cross country it will.

I have seen the adverts for the Aguri, does anyone have experience of this?

Have you inputted the dimensions of your unit and also set the maximum speed when towing?  If you have not done this you will be chucking away £250!

BTW the CMC co-ordinates for some  sites are somewhat unreliable as they seem to base the co-ordinates on the post code or middle of the site rather than the entrance to the site.  Same with CLs. 

If Archies can get it right why can't a big organisation like the CMC get the co-ordinates correct?

17 hours ago, Jacko1 said:

I’ve got an Aguri and it’s ok, it’s not sent me on any silly routes yet!! What I do find annoying is when it starts up it always defaults to dash cam mode and I have to go through and re set my route, doesn’t take long just irritating.

for that reason am not sure I would buy another one, but then again it sounds like most sat navs have their foibles. The one in the Volvo loves green laneing irrespective of what type of route you put in!!

I have Aguri and it has never done that!  Not got mine to hand at the mo but are there any settings to prevent it?

The Sat Nav in my Merc is a Garmin, far superior to the ones I had in my X3's

We have the Aguri RV729DVR, we purchased it prior to our 2019 European trip. It performed brilliantly and guided us right to the entrances of the campsites we were using and anywhere else we wanted to go. I entered decimal format co-ordinates (often from Google Maps) and on European campsites this is what are normally given (unlike post codes in the UK which are often hit and miss). Over 7,000 miles of routes through Spain, Portugal, France, Germany, Luxembourg and Belgium with accuracy.

The downside - it does take a little while to boot up, and yes you go through the built in dashcam first. But we did not find it a problem, just have a little patience.

The upsides - clear maps, good directions, it has a built in dashcam, simple to use. Updating is a breeze via wi-fi. Their website has loads of video tutorials which make updating the speed camera database, software and mapping very simple and easy to follow.

I certainly recommend their satnavs and I would definitely purchase another.

BH

Another thumbs up for Aguri from me also, brilliant bit of kit not put a foot wrong in the two years I have been using it.

Bought our Aguri 720 Deluxe in January for a third of the price it would have cost to have a manufacturer fitted one in my new SsangYong Turismo and I use it for every long UK journey whether I know the route or not. In car or caravan & car mode, it has never once let me down. It took us on our 6 week adventure to France in Spring this year and was 'spot on' for each and every journey. Using it as regularly as I do, I manage to operate it with it's many different apps, procedures for navigating in UK & France, as easily as I do my home TV or PC.  Worth every penny as far as I'm concerned. But........each to their own.  France 2020; here we come!!    Regards to all.

On 08/08/2019 at 14:33, Les Medes said:

The Sat Nav in my Merc is a Garmin, far superior to the ones I had in my X3's

I have just bought a 69 plate X3, my third and I still say the Mercedes Sat Nav is far superior although the X3's in this car is a lot better than my previous X3's, whilst having a whinge the reversing camera on the X3 is rubbish in comparison to the Merc, the Merc had a lens cap opened when selecting reverse and kept the elements and muck away from the lens the X3's lens is open to the elements

Edited by Les Medes

Absolutely NO COMMENT.

Anyone interested might care to read through previous threads.

• Confused 2

How's the traffic on the Aguri compared to other satnav?

I did notice on the Aguri website that adding extra POI's was achieved by simply a drag and drop process just like the older TomTom until they gave up using FAT32. I couldn't quite work out if they allowed to also to add an image file to make it easier to identify the different POI categories?

David

Has anyone used the traffic info on the Aguri?

1 hour ago, AndersG said:

Has anyone used the traffic info on the Aguri?

I use it but I didn't reply to your earlier post ( on the Aguri compared to other satnav?) because I have never used two different satnavs on the same journey.  I use my car satnav when solo and the aguri when towing so cannot compare accuracy and I assume that's what your'e after?

6 hours ago, SamD said:

I use it but I didn't reply to your earlier post ( on the Aguri compared to other satnav?) because I have never used two different satnavs on the same journey.  I use my car satnav when solo and the aguri when towing so cannot compare accuracy and I assume that's what your'e after?

Traffic info is very important to me. The traffic info in the built in car satnav is useless. Traffic info in the TomTom or Google maps is almost perfect, if it says there's slow traffic in two miles and it will delay you 35 minutes it usually will be a queue and it will delay you around 35 minutes.

Trying to figure out how good or bad the traffic info is in the Aguri.