Treesparrow

Re-tension blinds

Hi 

Bailey Pursuit 2015

I am seeking some guidance on how one deals with blinds that don't want to roll back up. The front window is the main problem in that it won't re-wind more than about 1/3rd the way up.

Have looked on Utube, but the vids seem to be older style of blinds and my main concern is that I don't completely destroy any fittings getting at the blinds.

Instructions / advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Rob

Are they on the same lines as the hartel door blind?  Sorry all the rest of the blinds in the caravan are the concertina type but I’ve had to sort the losing tension on our door blind out

No - it's the roller blinds on the windows not the concertina blinds on the roof lights. Seems that many of these issues are just taken back to the dealer - surely there must be some information about how these work somewhere?

That looks pretty good . many thanks for the link

1 hour ago, iansoady said:

One of ours is a bit floppy 

Ooooo matron!!

Andy

Had the same issue with the blind on our front window (2015 Pursuit 560/5).   It's still not right.

If you have that decal running down each side of the window, you'll need to remove it to get to the screw heads to tighten them up on the left side of the blind.   I had to replace the spring mechanism.

I've subsequently been told that you can't buy the spring mechanisms on their own now, you have to buy the whole blind surround!  That came from our Bailey dealer (hope he's wrong there as it's an expensive fix if you have to buy the whole kit again).

Oh and beware - please resist turning the screw that extra two times for good luck!

Jonny