Sign in to follow this  
Wellys and Mac

Caravan and Camping Club

Does every site accept tents?

My daughter has bought one for weekend aways along or around the east coast of Yorkshire.

I'm sure someone will tell you for sure but all the C&CCsites I've been to have accepted tents. When you book the site on the website you have to select what type of unit you are taking, tents listed as one of them.

I should imagine that if a  particular site does not accept them you will not be able to select a tent as an option at the time of booking.

Edited by Danuk
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fortyfoot said:

Have a look at these, don't get the Camping Club and Caravan club mixed up.

Fortyfoot, that’s just confusing the OP as I don’t think either of those clubs you mention exist, anymore than “The Caravan and Camping Club” in the thread title.

The 2 main clubs are The Camping and Caravanning Club (CCC or C&CC) and The Caravan and Motorhome Club (CMC or CMC).

3 hours ago, Wellys and Mac said:

W&M, I think that all CCC club sites accept tents - I’ve certainly never come across one that doesn’t. An increasing number CMC club sites also take tents, but you’d have to check that out on their website.

If you’re thinking of what are commonly known as 5-van sites then the CCC’s 1450 Certificated Sites (CSs) accept tents, but the CMC’S 2200 Certificated Locations are mostly caravan-only. Both CSs and CLs are for their members only.

John

Edited by Johnaldo
  • Thanks 1

There's a clue in the club's name

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

8 hours ago, Johnaldo said:

... ... The 2 main clubs are The Camping and Caravanning Club (CCC or C&CC) and The Caravan and Motorhome Club (CMC or CMC).

I didn’t repeat myself - it’s just that the forum’s corrective software changes C a M C (which the Club itself uses) to CMC!

John

All C&CC accept tents, motor homes and caravans, with the exception of Folkestone C& cc, which does not accept caravans.  But as she is tent camping, that will not affect her.

If she is walking back packing, then they will not turn her away, even if not booked and are full.

However, I found  that when arriving on a motorcycle, without a booking and no tenting pitches are available, then you could be forced into taking a large motor home pitch with electric, even if you have no equipment that uses electricity and have to pay for all of that, it happened to me at their Chertsey site.   Sometimes ,"The Friendly Club" are not always that friendly!!  There were pitches for back packers, but I couldn't have one of those, even if I parked the bike outside and walked in, as they had seen the bike!  I think the warden just didn't like bikers!

Folkestone info:

"No Touring Caravans on site. This site is not suitable if you need to leave for an early ferry, as the site gate does not open until 7am, and there is no overnight parking. Limited parking for visitors or for second cars. Long narrow access road."

Bailey Orion News & Information - 

On 05/08/2019 at 08:30, Wunny said:

All C&CC accept tents, motor homes and caravans, with the exception of Folkestone C& cc, which does not accept caravans.  But as she is tent camping, that will not affect her.

If she is walking back packing, then they will not turn her away, even if not booked and are full.

However, I found  that when arriving on a motorcycle, without a booking and no tenting pitches are available, then you could be forced into taking a large motor home pitch with electric, even if you have no equipment that uses electricity and have to pay for all of that, it happened to me at their Chertsey site.   Sometimes ,"The Friendly Club" are not always that friendly!!  There were pitches for back packers, but I couldn't have one of those, even if I parked the bike outside and walked in, as they had seen the bike!  I think the warden just didn't like bikers!

Folkestone info:

"No Touring Caravans on site. This site is not suitable if you need to leave for an early ferry, as the site gate does not open until 7am, and there is no overnight parking. Limited parking for visitors or for second cars. Long narrow access road."

Don't know if it's changed but when I was there the gate was at the top of the cliff and you had to walk down to the office to get let in.  Big problem if you don't walk too well!

On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 20:20, Wellys and Mac said:

My daughter has bought one for weekend aways along or around the east coast of Yorkshire.

why not ask the site or sites she intends to visit?

macafee2