Sign in to follow this  
greenfish

Thetford waste holding tank

Hi 

I need to purchase a thetford waste holding tank for my abbey vogue gts any reccommendations pls

Tia

You need the exact Thetford model. Out of interest why?

Caravan breakers would be my first port of call.

Looking on eBay for a Thetford 200 cassette (as an example) they are about £110 new and from £40 start price used on auction.

13 minutes ago, WispMan said:

You need the exact Thetford model. Out of interest why?

Caravan breakers would be my first port of call.

Looking on eBay for a Thetford 200 cassette (as an example) they are about £110 new and from £40 start price used on auction.

Because our leaks when carrying to empty.not sure on the model that's why I'm asking

I think you can buy Thetford refurb kits so you may be able to replace the seals in the one you’ve got. 

The model number is shown on a label in 2 places. The cassette has the label on the underside. The cassette housing has the label inside. I assume your cassette must be leaking  from a permanent joint somewhere which cant be repaired. All the parts of the cassette are replaceable so this may be an option.

Strangely, a Thetford `Fresh Up‘ kit containing a cassette, a toilet seat with lid and a couple of bottles of toilet/cassette cleaning products is often no more (and sometimes even  less)  expensive than a replacement cassette on its own.   For example... (other suppliers are available)

from caravanaccessoryshop.co.uk

from Jackson’s Leisure

C200 cassettes have had a bit of a makeover and now have wheels and an aquaroll style handle... there’s progress eh.

Or better yet...  for Caravan Club members  it is just £85.49.  

Swift dropped the Abbey brand in 2008 I think so the OP’s Abbey Vogue GTS probably predates the C250...  it’s perhaps more likely to be a C200 variant for which cassettes and Fresh Up kits appear to be a little more costly than the C250 equivalents wherever they are purchased from.  

Prima at £99 may be one of the better prices to be had for a C200 fresh up kit.

Yes, I forgot the cc discount!

A leaking tank is normally a sign the seal is worn. For just a couple of pounds you can purchase new seals. All dealers should stock them. A lot cheaper than the "fresh up" kit

8 minutes ago, Lost in the wilderness said:

A leaking tank is normally a sign the seal is worn. For just a couple of pounds you can purchase new seals. All dealers should stock them. A lot cheaper than the "fresh up" kit

Usually the main problem with Thetford tanks, a good clean and correct lubrication will normally sort it out, I always give mine a spray with silicon and leave to soak before it's first use each season start and never have a problem.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Lost in the wilderness said:

I agree but, the problem is that the op hasn't answered that question (I asked yesterday) about what is leaking. It could be damaged or anything.

Edited by Ern

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, Ern said:

I agree but, the problem is that the op hasn't answered that question (I asked yesterday) about what is leaking. It could be damaged or anything.

The main hatch and the button you push down when emptying leak

Have to say that is my husband's job😁

Edited by greenfish
Spelling

46 minutes ago, greenfish said:

The main hatch and the button you push down when emptying leak

Have to say that is my husband's job😁

Have a look at the Thetford website it gives maintenance advice both the pressure button and main seal are replaceable if necessary but often a clean and lube will cure the problem.

• +1 1

33 minutes ago, flashgordon said:

Have a look at the Thetford website it gives maintenance advice both the pressure button and main seal are replaceable if necessary but often a clean and lube will cure the problem.

Spot on fg. A good soak with Thetford Tank Cleaner and a spray with silicon is probably all that is needed. I do ours annually.