Sign in to follow this  
Toopster

Thetford C250 Reed Switch

The electric flush on my Thetford C250 Toilet has stopped working. The pump works in isolation so I reckon it needs a new PCB on the top, however it could be the reed switch, as I presume if the tank gets full the circuit will close to stop the pump. Is this assumption correct? 

My plan is to do away with this reed switch after all it's in a stupid place and I can see if the tank is getting full, so I was going to remove it, but do you know if the circuit should be open or closed?

Apologies if this question has already been asked, I can see lots of information about how to replace it but TBH I just want to do away with it all together. 

Thanks in advance   

As far as I am aware the reed switch is just to light up the full tank indicator, it does not turn off the pump.

• +1 2

The reed switch is situated in the  lower compartment yes? at the back?..adjacent to the fuse?

If it could be done away with Thetford would have done this years ago.

geoff

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Vanning Man said:

As far as I am aware the reed switch is just to light up the full tank indicator, it does not turn off the pump.

Correct.

Is not the fuse / fuseholder in the compartment a more likely cause of problems (due to corrosion)?

The panel / switch on one toilet we had unclipped itself beneath the plastic overlay.  But it was fairly obvious the push-switch wasn't operating,

Edited by Rodders53