GIN

my wife has  gone  off wine now  and likes the Gin's  especially Gordons Pink Gin

and we are off to France in a few weeks but we have been told its hard to find it

should I buy before I go  ?

7 minutes ago, Ashey said:

my wife has  gone  off wine now  and likes the Gin's  especially Gordons Pink Gin

and we are off to France in a few weeks but we have been told its hard to find it

No, she manage without!

macafee2

Gin is the new in thing across the EU nowadays, my local supermarket in Germany used to stock about 3 kinds 5 years ago, it now stocks over 50, in Spain at the moment and that’s the same, so is Holland so I doubt France is any different

2015 3. 2 Auto Mitsubishi Pajero tugging a 2016 Tabbert Pucinni 2. 5e

I'm sure it will be there in France but, how long are you going for?

Lady Vimes drinks gin so we will probably take one of her fancy ones plus some standard stuff with us.  We'll mostly be drinking wine though.

Message from my dearest ..... 

If your very very brand specific to that one and worried then suggest take one + bottles just in case. My wife says she has seen it for sale though abroad (Intermarche).  There are though many similar alternatives to sample at lower prices in France & EU at most decent supermarkets etc.

https://www.carrefour.fr/p/gin-premium-pink-gordon-s-5000289929417

Sure you can find other supermarkets' websites to check near where you are going

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

17 hours ago, Ashey said:

Yes we’re here now, the missus has been trying to sniff it out for the last 2 weeks 

1 hour ago, chris76 said:

Yes we’re here now, the missus has been trying to sniff it out for the last 2 weeks 

Can't comment on the Gin. But my awning spare parts arrived this morning, so I'll have an abode in which to drink! :D

Steve

1 hour ago, Guzzilazz said:

Buy a bottle of Angostura Bitters and make your own...  a few drips (literally) swilled around the glass top up with Gin..

That's a completely different drink, though (and an acquired taste).

Inspired by an original Gordon’s recipe from the 1880s, Gordon’s Pink is perfectly crafted to balance the refreshing taste of Gordon’s with the natural sweetness of raspberries and strawberries, with the tang of redcurrant served up in a unique blushing tone. Made using only natural fruit flavours to guarantee the highest quality real berry taste.

Gordon's don't mention the sugar it contains on top of the alcohol.

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

I was in hyper U yesterday and the only gin they had was Gordon’s.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.

On 03/08/2019 at 17:41, Rodders53 said:

That's a completely different drink, though (and an acquired taste).

Inspired by an original Gordon’s recipe from the 1880s, Gordon’s Pink is perfectly crafted to balance the refreshing taste of Gordon’s with the natural sweetness of raspberries and strawberries, with the tang of redcurrant served up in a unique blushing tone. Made using only natural fruit flavours to guarantee the highest quality real berry taste.

Gordon's don't mention the sugar it contains on top of the alcohol.

Ah, so not really gin then, but gin and squash...  My favourite gin is Plymouth, and an "original pink" Plymouth and tonic is lovely

Thank you for the replys will take 2 weeks worth of Gin and tonic with us

save me having to hunt it out as we are not sure where we are going we  will make that decision when we get there

Buy her some 'Old Lady' gin in one of the French supermarkets and then hide behind something solid!

:lol:

Trevor.