Sign in to follow this  
Jaydug

Pump-King/Esso Card

I've just had a text message announcing prices for next week.   Diesel is increased by 2p per litre.   That seems a lot in one go!

The pound has dropped a lot this week.

I haven't had any texts from them for ages

They've been increasingly uncompetitive for a few weeks, my local Esso is cheaper but it's handy to have in the pocket if it goes down again.

I found my text stopped then I changed my phone number on the registration page and then back to my mobile and they started again.

Probably due to nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnervousness in the Gulf and the £

If you use it wisely it's a definite benefit. We used it extensively in Cornwall end of June as the PK price was about 127,and local local prices were 3p up on that 

Ours mainly gets used at the motorway services. Maidstone services just before going on the tunnel is the most common.

9 hours ago, Richard080561 said:

I haven't had any texts from them for ages

If you don't use the card for a while your account goes dormant and you may not be able to log in to it. If you use your card your account wakes up again.

14 hours ago, Jaydug said:

I've just had a text message announcing prices for next week.   Diesel is increased by 2p per litre.   That seems a lot in one go!

It's not unusual for forecourt prices to be increased by 2p or more in one go. Pity they aren't lowered in the same way!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jiffy176 said:

They've been increasingly uncompetitive for a few weeks,

That maybe depends upon which part of the Country you are in.   Last week I was caravanning in Warwickshire.   The local village filling station happened to be an Esso station and were selling diesel at £1.349 per litre.   Even the Tesco superstore seven miles away was £1.339 - that was maybe because it was in a 'holiday' area.     Looking at my receipts, the two fills that I did saved me £3.75.

3 hours ago, Les Medes said:

Probably due to nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnervousness in the Gulf and the £

Iran? Too right; as fast as my little legs would carry me ...:D

I am the man who failed the interview for Headline Writer at the Sun ...

Steve [At it again, and hoping the spacebar hasn't stuck again]

2 hours ago, Jaydug said:

That maybe depends upon which part of the Country you are in.   Last week I was caravanning in Warwickshire.   The local village filling station happened to be an Esso station and were selling diesel at £1.349 per litre.   Even the Tesco superstore seven miles away was £1.339 - that was maybe because it was in a 'holiday' area.     Looking at my receipts, the two fills that I did saved me £3.75.

Agreed, it's one of those handy things to have in the back pocket for the times when it is cheaper. As it happens we were on the peaks last week and Tesco was cheaper. I still struggle with the price variance across the country.

For a while our local Esso was 5p dearer then the surrounding stations that are on other small towns less than 5 miles away. 

Well near me now the Esso card is actually cheaper than the local supermarkets. :blink:

Maybe it’s because they are currently offering “X” p off a litre when you spend more than “Y” £ in store, or am I just showing my inbuilt cynicism? 

Andy

Our local Asda is 123.7 for petrol and 124.7 for diesel... There was a fortnight earlier in the year when the card paid to be used locally...

On 03/08/2019 at 08:31, Legal Eagle said:

If you don't use the card for a while your account goes dormant and you may not be able to log in to it. If you use your card your account wakes up again.

It's not unusual for forecourt prices to be increased by 2p or more in one go. Pity they aren't lowered in the same way!

I've never been able to use the card as one never arrived? Find them terrible to get hold of.

32 minutes ago, tmanx said:

I've never been able to use the card as one never arrived? Find them terrible to get hold of.

I've emailed a few times, always received an answer (not just the auto reply) within a day or two and any problems have been notified as resolved within a week.

• +1 1