Eric Currie

Leaking water pump

Coachman vip 2019. 

Water trickling out of pump housing outside van every time I use water. 

The blue hose connection is ok so not sure  why this is happening. I have recalibrated the system but no luck. 

Everything work perfectly for first 2 weeks of holiday then water started  running out of the pump housing. 

In France at moment. 

Where, exactly, is the water coming out?  Could it be running down one of the blue hoses?

Assuming this to be a standard set up of external pump, check the two 'O' rings are sound on the inserted part of the housing, also check there are no cracks in any part.

All the best,

Martin  

Eric, the pump is submerged in the aqua roll so I assume you meant water is leaking at the point the feed pipe enters the caravan? If so I refer you to Wonky’s post! 

Andy

Our pump housing leaked last year (from the area ringed in yellow below) and I can't say we had noticed a drop-off in water flow but, I saw the leak when I happened to be outside and my wife ran the pump. We were near the end of a stay in the UK and the dealer swapped the pump on our return so, no big problem. In your circumstances it may be worth a good dose of looking-at and some epoxy.

IMG_1564.thumb.JPG.b939aa831f7e512fb231b25c2a3830e3.JPG

It’s a common problem with the Whale pumps fitted to the 2019 VIPs. I had the same issue. Contact Whale, they have excellent customer services. They sent me a replacement.

It seems to be that the issue relates to the blue pipe fitting onto the spigot correctly. It’s held in place with an adhesive, but allows water to leak. We had it whilst away, so I trimmed a bit of the blue pipe (undo the four screws) and pushed it back on. It lasted for a week before it started again.

As I say, Whale are aware.

Posted (edited)

I had the same problem with mine if you remove the 4 screws and pull off the white cap and ease the blue pipe off and if you have some  insulation tape  rap it around the white pipe insert and push the blue pipe back over it refit the screws it stops leaking I did mine last year and it has never leaked again 

Edited by Mike89000

Hi Eric Currie,

Please send me the best number to get you on in a private message and I will get one of our team to give you a call back. Alternatively, at your own convenience, contact our Customer Support Team who will do all they can to assist you. Contact details below. Tel: 0345 9090 911 Email: info@whalepumps.com
Kind regards, Rachel

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • +1 2

Top marks to Whale for monitoring posts and responding to the op

• Like 1
  • +1 2

I have the same issue with our 2018 Coachman 575 VIP,   the interface between the Whale pump connector and the caravan fitting leaks whenever the pump is active. 

The leak is so significant that the pump frequently cannot generate sufficient pressure to activate the pressure sensor. 

I  tried replacing to 2 O rings on the spigot but this had no effect. 

The effect of the leak is that the caravan body has corroded below the connector. 

The issue has been reported to the dealer and Coachman  after 6 weeks the dealer is still waiting for feedback from Coachman with respect to what action to take to correct the corrosion.

I am very disappointed with Coachman's warranty response times  

20190702_170210_c.jpg

Posted (edited)

Ken

Ours did the same as yours complete with the corrosion. Whale were very helpful after a moan from me that they didn't offer any help when our inlet unit failed miserably when we were in France last year for 7 weeks. They instructed our dealer to replace the whole unit which is bonded in to the caravan wall and  not screw fixed as in previous units we have had had in other vans. Coachman agreed to respray the area where the corrosion was and our dealer made a good job of it and no sign of corrosion again as yet (fingers crossed). They still do not know why the corrosion had taken place which is a bit worrying.

Also Whale told me to check the hose connection as mentioned in one of the posts above - easy job to do as the hose connections do seem to move away from the spigot connection.

Alan

PS  Coachman gave the go ahead to carry out the remedial works to our dealers almost immediately and all was carried out in a couple of days.

Edited by AlanS

On 02/08/2019 at 10:27, Eric Currie said:

Coachman vip 2019. 

Water trickling out of pump housing outside van every time I use water. 

The blue hose connection is ok so not sure  why this is happening. I have recalibrated the system but no luck. 

Everything work perfectly for first 2 weeks of holiday then water started  running out of the pump housing. 

In France at moment. 

I had exactly the same problem when in France last month. The pump had previously been fine but suddenly started leaking as you describe. It is now at the dealers so will hopefully be fixed before our next trip 🤞

I have had 3 new pumps (2 bought myself and 1 replaced under warranty) and not cheap either and all the same. Whale need to get this sorted as their reputation is going down hill, I had great faith in Whale but not at the moment, it needs to have a better secure fitting at the plug end to "crimp" effect the pipe to the spigot, I have re sealed mine with Gorrilla Gel glue this time and need to test it soon fingers crossed it won't leak. 

Edited by kiaboy