Hi everyone, I am totally new to caravanning (since the early 90’s when I used to go with my parents anyway) and have taken the plunge and bought a 2003 Avondale Rialto 640-6. Hopefully we will have lots of great family holidays and weekends away in the van with our 3 young kids. We are going away in it for the first time this weekend, and the place we are going doesn’t have electric hook up (Harewood Hill Climb) so it will be a baptism of fire! I have no idea how anything works on it yet, or if it is even possible to survive on just the leisure battery and gas for a weekend! I’m sure I’ll be posting on here to pick your brains when I can’t workout how to do things. Are there many other Rialto owners on here?

Andy

Hi Andy,

Welcome to Caravan Talk. I've owned Rialtos myself and they were a good mid-range caravan that took over from the Leda range in 1999 and provided both two berth and family layouts until the introduction of the Bianco range in 2004. Rialtos were generally popular with owners and included a number of innovative ideas that at the time were exclusive to Avondale caravans. Avondale Coachcraft Ltd., closed its doors in 2008 so as time passes the total number of Avondales in use will inevitably be slowly reducing but fortunately for owners, much of the equipment used is common to other makes and so general spares should not be a problem for many years however parts specific to Avondale are now becoming harder to find.

Gordon.

and a big :welcome: from me , I hope you have a terrific weekend and settle into your van with no problems, there are a lot of experienced folk on here to help you  if you want to know anything.  Not been to Harewood, but Prescott, Gurston and Shelsley Walsh are the venues we frequented in the past. Hope to get to Prescott next  May Day bank Holiday for the British championship, our favourite venue and time of the year with the blossom in full bloom (normally)  Good Luck

Another big welcome from me. Just remember one thing......

”There is no such thing as a stupid question, only a fool who doesn’t ask it” 

We all had to learn so don’t ever feel embarrassed to ask, there are many hundreds of years of practical experience to be accessed on this forum, and most members are very pleased to help others.

Oh and have a great trip away!!

Andy