Message added by CT Advertising,

CoachmanEach Coachman caravan is built to our exacting standards using state-of-the-art construction methods and materials and finished with the highest levels of specification and features.

We strive to move forward in our quest to create the perfect caravan.
Visit Coachman.co.uk for further details.

33 minutes ago, GaryB1969 said:

One of the most common Swift complaints! I always wrap duct tape round them to help hold them in place. I shouldn’t have to but you only need a drawer full of dishwater once.....

I know what you mean. In my case they had assembled the pipe connectors the wrong way around and one of the connectors was kinked, causing water to gush out .

49 minutes ago, GaryB1969 said:

One of the most common Swift complaints! I always wrap duct tape round them to help hold them in place. I shouldn’t have to but you only need a drawer full of dishwater once.....

Just to illustrate the complacency, our previous Swift was a 2009 Sterling Europa and that caravan had the sink waste problem described by Lead Farmer. The subject was flogged to death on Swift Talk then - 10 years ago. 

Ern

I had my toilet installation corrected "while I waited", so I spent a long time at the dealer, so I decided to look closely at new Swift/Bailey/Coachman caravans to observe build quality in some detail. Yes - I was that bored.

My conclusion was that of the small sample I saw, Bailey were worst, then Swift and Coachman came out best.

BUT, the difference was marginal and I wouldn't be surprised if a different sample would have given different results.  I have looked at Elddis before and they were again of similar quality.

I suppose the high end Swifts have one advantage in that if they do leak, there is no wood in the main structure to be damaged.

I have looked at German vans, but never found one with a layout that works for us.

5 hours ago, Ukzero said:

I had my toilet installation corrected "while I waited", so I spent a long time at the dealer, so I decided to look closely at new Swift/Bailey/Coachman caravans to observe build quality in some detail. Yes - I was that bored.

My conclusion was that of the small sample I saw, Bailey were worst, then Swift and Coachman came out best.

BUT, the difference was marginal and I wouldn't be surprised if a different sample would have given different results.  I have looked at Elddis before and they were again of similar quality.

I suppose the high end Swifts have one advantage in that if they do leak, there is no wood in the main structure to be damaged.

I have looked at German vans, but never found one with a layout that works for us.

I absolutely agree. In our disgust of the Swift we went to see some other makes and boy oh boy, what a load of rubbish we saw. We really would like a Hymer/Eriba 470 of the later spec's with Alde and know it would be a costly purchase but they are really well made. I friend has one ( a left hander) and it is a real quality caravan. Not to everyone's taste as they dont have some of the gizmo's of the UK caravans.  

Ern