Sign in to follow this  
robbie244

Camera help plz

Ok all need help and it's a strange 1 probably stupid me, I tow a caravan with my focus and I have a rear camera on it to help see behind etc, the camera runs off 12v in caravan and monitor in car run off 12v ciggy, used loads before so my setup does or did work  testing today and I can get monitor working on caravan 12v but not car ciggy, I tried other 12v things and all ok even the 12v fridge  so car ciggy does work but wont power monitor but monitor runs ace in caravan, anyone kno why, can ciggy run but lower power?

it sounds like the plug is not making contact with the car socket, so could be the spring in the monitor plug, not all sockets are the same

I had a similar problem yesterday with a tyre compressor - it wouldn’t work when plugged in to the 12v socket by the back seats, but then was fine when I used the socket in the front console.

It turned out that one socket is slightly deeper than the other, and this particular plug was too short to reach the centre terminal.  3 other gadgets I tried worked fine in both sockets, and when I compared plugs the compressor one was about 1mm shorter!  I’ll get round to changing it sometime ... or I may just not bother and use the front socket in future 🙂.

John

Same with me, compressor works off both in car but not when using the vans 12 v socket

ive upgraded to a 7 inch touch unit now with 2 video inputs so thats sorted but i was confused as this monitor has worked for the last 2 years fine and yes i tested it on my rear socket and same issue but it ran fab on caravan one

as i upgraded the stereo i may sell this monitor as not needed now