Water Coming in Front Window

Big Bertha

So after a heavy rain storm this morning we have water coming in the front of the caravan. I was previously told we had some damp in the area of the front window and discovered the pane had come away from the outer shell on the large centre front window. 

It has been suggested that I'll need to remove all three windows. Then remove the wood and hardboard on the inside and replace these.

It appears that this is not an expensive job in terms of materials but very time and labour intensive. 

Does anyone out there have experience of doing this kind of thing? Any tips? Advice?

All help appreciated, she's an old van - Compass Omega 500/5 (2001) - we've put a lot of work in to making the interior how we want it so I'm keen to do anything I can to keep her on the road.

IMG_7760.JPG

Hi, Bertha

it is a fairly easy job to do if you have a few diy skills,  you will need to replace all the affected wood around the windows inside If that’s the only parts that are affected, and also replace the mastic inside the rubber window seals or if the seal itself is perished, replace that with new.

check out wizards caravan repair site https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=safari&channel=ipad_bm&source=hp&ei=bUs8XceGOJyAjLsPq8KikAQ&q=wizard+caravan+damp+repairs&oq=&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-hp.1.1.41j41i22i30j41l6.0.0..2617...0.0..0.0.0.......0...........8.P9MFIXkYGPk