It's hot here in Mexilhoeira Grande Portugal at 41c which nice when have breeze from the hills, the only problem we have the water from the Aquaroll is hot, perfect as we have metered electric for washing up and showers, we keep a bottle of drinking water in the fridge.

2 hours ago, Coastline said:

It's hot here in Mexilhoeira Grande Portugal at 41c which nice when have breeze from the hills, the only problem we have the water from the Aquaroll is hot, perfect as we have metered electric for washing up and showers, we keep a bottle of drinking water in the fridge.

To be honest, youre welcome to it, nothing pleasant about extremes of temperature like that. During my offshore days Ive endured temperatures from -22 deg C to +55 deg C and I personally much prefer early 20's. If you want to keep the aquaroll temperature down, put a cover over it with some ventilation holes.

Glad youre enjoying your holiday, 34 deg C here in UK forecast tomorrow, today were seeing 30 deg C, doors are closed and aircon is on. Just wish I was away in my caravan instead of working at home!

And here in Yorkshire,  in the good old UK, it's thirty four degrees in the shade here in our back garden!  It's very humid and the sky is heavy as if there's going to be a massive thunderstorm.  The workers who are replacing the gas mains in the close have had a nightmare today with expanding gas pipes - so are having to work until they get finished and everyone's gas is back on again!  They reckon it may take them until 10.00 pm so I hope the thunderstorm doesn't delay things further.

South of France, Spanish costa, no........Kent

IMG_0495.jpg

Chipping Sodbury!

kitchen temperature on left, outside shade temp on the right!

87905043-8E13-4E35-970D-824908A17C86.jpeg

Cambridge got 38.1C today, new July record - it was the same temp where I work at 12:00 (we get regular met office briefings) so I suspect we were pretty close to that.  It’s been truly outrageous and keeping systems operational has been a nightmare

okay this is when I got in my car but it had been overcast for 90 minutes before getting in, it eventually settled to 37.5C

73AF580A-D21B-461A-A34D-45FD016B7FFB.jpeg

1 hour ago, FrankBullet said:

Cambridge got 38.1C today, new July record - it was the same temp where I work at 12:00 (we get regular met office briefings) so I suspect we were pretty close to that.  It’s been truly outrageous and keeping systems operational has been a nightmare

okay this is when I got in my car but it had been overcast for 90 minutes before getting in, it eventually settled to 37.5C

73AF580A-D21B-461A-A34D-45FD016B7FFB.jpeg

That Climate Control came in handy, then?

Steve

7 minutes ago, marchie1053 said:

That Climate Control came in handy, then?

Steve

Absolutely - like a fridge after a few minutes!

Has the UK come to a stop yet with these "high temperatures" here in Haute Vienne we are only on orange alert, 41 + today.

• Like 1

Going to Callender in the next few days. Lets hope its cooler up there. Anyone up there today?

At the moment it is winter where my son works and yesterday the temperature reached 27C so I guess we should be thankful that we do have cooler days.  In summer where he is often it reaches 40C however it is a dry heat so not so bad.

In 2003 I holidayed near Granada in Spain at the time when there were loads of forest fires, one day the temperature one afternoon went up to 53 deg C... However if in the shade this was perfectly pleasant to sit out in because there was zero humidity.