Sign in to follow this  
lazydaze

Help Removing 13 Amp Sockets

Hi , need to remove the  Truma heater 13 Amp control socket  and thermostat  control in my 534 Pegasus van , problem is that the screws which secure them have covers over the screw heads I have tried very carefully with various tiny watch makers implements plus the tip of a stanley blade but they just will not pop off as expected it would appear that they are glued in ? I have already marked one  ( chewed edge  ) and do not want to damage them further , so your advice if you have had the same problem and succeeded in removing them would be very much appreciated , My Truma heater will not perform on the electrical mode all okay on gas all the indicator lights are working but no heat I want to test  the wiring at the back of the sockets and also the voltage at the element .

Thank You.

Some of them can be swines to remove. However, it might come to damaging them to remove them.

You can buy a packet of them on E-Bay to replace them if needs be.

Click HERE

2 hours ago, BOAC said:

Some of them can be swines to remove. However, it might come to damaging them to remove them.

You can buy a packet of them on E-Bay to replace them if needs be.

Click HERE

Many thanks for your advice, seems i will have to damage them  , thanks fo the E bay link  they have replacements when needed.:Thankyou: