Sign in to follow this  
PLW

New awning for Abi Monza 1400CT - where to get one!

Hi everyone,

Our old Abi Monza awning is dying and we need to find a replacement fast. Can we get a generic awning and if so what size - 8/9? Or do we need an actual Abi Monza 1400CT one and if so, where is the best place to look?

Many thanks.

Paula

My that is an old one!

Dealers have dozens of part-ex awnings or try Preloved,Gumtree etc...I have just sold a full Dorema for £100

Geoff

thanks Shipbroker,

That's really useful. Do you have any idea what year our caravan might be or what size we might need? We bought it 3rd hand so no paperwork!

Posted (edited)

Thanks SamD.

I hope you're right. However, ours is a 4 birth, not a 2 birth and when we measured the A line it was more like 825cms but not sure our measuring was that accurate. I think we really need to find out the year but don't know how. :-(

Edited by PLW

8 minutes ago, PLW said:

Thanks SamD.

I hope you're right. However, ours is a 4 birth, not a 2 birth and when we measured the A line it was more like 825cms but not sure our measuring was that accurate. I think we really need to find out the year but don't know how. :-(

Measuring is the most accurate way - if you're not confident about accuracy, repeat the check - ask for help if you know any caravanners.

Forget the year in order to get an awning. Work on the ACTUAL   A to A dimension and get an awning to fit that ACTUAL size.

However if you need the year for other purposes, then Google indicates 1980 to 1982 at a rough guess.

I had a 1200CT Monza which was a 1980 model.

geoff