Sign in to follow this  
oldboy

C C& C

It seem the C C & C has the balance right on their most popular site (Keswick) to stop 1 day booking during busy period to allow others booking who wish to book their holidays for longer period, weekend minimum booking 3 days, school holiday minimum booking 5 days. 

• Confused 1

in my experience you can call a CCC club site on the morning of your proposed arrival and they will allocate a pitch for one night, if there is availability.

The only problem with the 3 night ruling is that it makes it impossible for working people to book a weekend of 2 nights.

Posted (edited)

The Keswick site is always busy the 3 nights  weekend only applied during BH and school holiday any other time it is ok.

14 minutes ago, MalH said:

in my experience you can call a CCC club site on the morning of your proposed arrival and they will allocate a pitch for one night, if there is availability.

You are correct unless you want to go on a very popular site, once a year I go to Braithwaite fold in June I have to book 6 months in Advance to ensure I got a pitch this is another popular site where 1 day booking is not allowed.

Edited by oldboy

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that CCC only allow two night bookings on all sites unless you call them on the day and if they have room will let you stay

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Les Medes said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that CCC only allow two night bookings on all sites unless you call them on the day and if they have room will let you stay

Yes they do, but very popular site the put restriction during BH & school holiday to maximise pitch occupation.

Edited by oldboy