In the process of trading in a 2006 Sprite Alpine and buying a 2011 Bailey Orion 430 4. I have noticed that the Orion has no internal curtain to divide the double bed from the rest of the van. Have any members put one up themselves. I do not want to use screws for the rail, I intend to glue/no more nails a light track to the ceiling. I would need a rail with a "flat back" to aid affixing. Any suggestions or comments please from other DIY's. Thanks

I have only just joined but I have recently been looking at the Orion 430-4's and noticed the lack of curtain as well. Looking at them in the dealers I though I would mount a chrome 3/4" clothes rail and mount 1 side on the kitchen side of the wardrobe and the other on bed side of the divider.  Maybe just screw in maybe bolt through. Then I would use an eyelet curtain. That way the mounting points are on timber/chipboard and fixed horizontally so rail weight was at 90 degrees to mounting. 

What did you do in the end and how are you finding the Orion?

Finding it ideal for us. Back to dealer in a couple of weeks for a new decal on the side, agreed on its purchase. 

I have made 2 minor adjustments so far. Put new legs on the table so it is freestanding. This means it can be used outside or in the caravan with the small flap up giving extra space eating/ table space. Put curtain up today. Didnt want to use screws so 90cms of flat plastic rail and strong  sticker pads. The curtain folds/ stores at the bottom of the bed so cannot be seen from the seating area. 

Also ordered 4 5w spotlight bulbs today as the existing ones are 10w and we find them a bit blinding. 

Let me know what you decide to do about curtain. Our way appears secure and was easy.

would an extendable  shower rail be any good? 

Hi Joanie

Could be. The main thing against it for me is i am 6ft 3 and need all the headroom i can get. A rail would reduce headroom by a good 3 or 4 inches.

The plastic narrow rail is less than an inch so is more appropriate and i think neater than having a rail hanging down.

In ours I went to the local curtain shop and bought so flat backed curtain track.

Then fastened rail to ceiling wit sticky foam pads. Used these as they could be removed at any time, with no surface damage!

Never used the curtain/concertina blind or whatever else is fitted to shut the “bedroom” off from the rest of the caravans/motorhomes we have owned as it seems rather pointless! HOWEVER there are only ever two of us, if we had children (don't you just HATE the term kids! They are small goats) then we might of course feel differently.

As an alternative solution how about finding a caravan with a similar layout and seeing if you could purchase whatever is fitted to use in your caravan?  Bailey Olympus’s have a concertina type blind that’s hung from a very low profile track on the roof, don’t know if it’s long enough for your use but might be a good starting point.

Andy

https://www.primaleisure.com/search/?term=concertina shows what Bailey have used and sell as spares for various models?  IF you still have to devise a suitable track etc.,.?

We use ours to cut some light spill from lounge to bedroom, even though we're on our own.