Sign in to follow this  
Pitvar

2019 Swift Sprite Quattro FB - plated weight

Hello all, can anyone with a 2019 Quattro FB confirm the plated weight (on the sticker by the door) please - manual states MTPLM 1620kg and MIRO at 1395Kg but both ours are different and I'm trying to work our whether it's a fault with the plate, I've been really lucky with the MTPLM or whether they all have a better payload than the brochure suggests! Thanks in advance!

Is it a standard Quattro or dealer special? 

Dealer specials can weigh more due to the extra equipment, our van which is a dealer special Quattro EW weighs about 15kg more than the standard version. 

I have just looked at the technical handbook for your model on Swift Talk. The 1395 and1620 kg are the correct figures quoted. If you had asked for an upgrade when ordering you could of had this increased to 1800 kg free of charge. You can still have it done for a charge of £50 + vat.

If pulled in for a wright check it’s the numbers on the caravans plate that provide the requisite information. It matters not what any brochure or technical handbook says.

Andy

Thanks all - I paid for what I thought was a 45kg upgrade (based on the "Options" figure on the spec on the Swift website) which the dealer said hadn't yet been applied but the plate does indeed say 1800kg - which is really useful.  I'd followed advice on here and weighed everything to get to 1665Kg so now I have 135kg "tolerance" for beer, wine, etc! Thanks for the confirmation on what counts too Andy, Peter

A few points to mention.

As said, the standard Quattro FB MIRO is 1395kg and the MTPLM is 1620kg , giving a theoretical payload of 225kg. According to the Swift website you can have a Diamond Pack option factory fitted, but it doesn't seem to specify what this adds to MIRO. However there is a cryptic mention of 'Options' in the tech spec. that reads 45kg and it may be that is the weight of the pack and Swift may increase both MIRO and MTPLM by that figure where the Pack is fitted. This makes the MIRO 1440kg and the MTPLM 1665kg, the theoretical payload remains at 225kg.

Now the plated MTPLM is the legal weight limit for the van, but as with all UK mass produced standard spec vans the MTPLM is below the axle/s weight limit, which in the case of the QFB is 1800kg. Swift can increase the MTPLM to 1800kg but you need to be sure that this is the case as the plate may show both MTPLM and Axle Limit and only the MTPLM is the legal limit. From what you've posted it sounds like your dealer has upgraded both MIRO and MTPLM to allow for the Pack (the 45kg), but not upgraded the MTPLM to 1800kg. 

If that's the case you will be operating with a theoretical payload of 225kg. If you have a battery fitted then that figure will reduce to about 200kg and if you've got a mover then it'll reduce to about 170kg and a normal set of gas cylinders will bring it down to near 150kg. To put it another way, with those three things on board the van will weigh about 1515kg, before anything else is added.    

In addition, don't assume that your empty van weighs the listed MIRO figure. Regard it only as indicative. Production tolerances on all the bits and pieces large and small that make up a van mean that it's v unlikely to weigh the published MIRO figure and because the MTPLM is a fixed legal limit your actual available payload is unlikely to be what the plate and brochures etc suggest. The best way forward is to have your van weighed in a known condition and then work out your load from that. 

Thanks Andy, I think you are correct that the "optional" diamond pack - (which isn't actually optional) weighs 45kg as the MIRO is stated at 1440kg but the plate also states that the MTPLM is 1800kg - I imagine the chargeable upgrade is always to 1800kg from what's been said on here and I just confused myself thinking it was just another 45kg from the options reference!

I should be about 80kg under the MTPLM from my calculations but there is a decent local weighbridge so I will double check, thanks again, Peter

All I'd say is be careful and check the actual plated MTPLM, not the axle limits. Unless Swift have plated it so that both read 1800kg your MTPLM is the lower figure. If you want the MTPLM to be 1800kg then you have to get a plate that reads the same for both elements.

• Thanks 1